Best waterproof mascara...

(16 Posts)
Indecisivejo Fri 01-Jul-16 14:18:59

I need waterproof as I have very sensitive eyes prone to watering etc. I'd like one that makes lashes look long, full, dark and lovely lol. Any suggestions?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 01-Jul-16 16:17:17

Its not the mascara that will irritate your eyes as much as the removal, waterproof is a mare to remove.

My favourite "bulletproof" is Mally , if I see a good special offer I'll buy more.

Have you tried having them dyed as a base ?

Indecisivejo Fri 01-Jul-16 16:25:02

Hi, yeah I do have them tinted anyway but still like mascara to make them look better. I love idea of tube mascara but the no7 one made my eyes really itchy and sore and the Loreal one was rubbish it looked like u didn't have anything on at all!

Aworldofmyown Fri 01-Jul-16 16:54:21

I bought 'Le volume de Chanel' in waterproof (its my usual brand) to go on holiday with and I was really impressed. It stayed on beautifully and wasn't a nightmare to get off.

Didn't flake either.

Shannaratiger Fri 01-Jul-16 17:03:14

Hated 'Rimmell Scandal Eyes' clogged, didn't dry and smudged.
Currently using M&S own brand Autograph, brown-black is subtle and perfect for day time.

Indecisivejo Fri 01-Jul-16 17:03:39

Oh sorry I should have said not £££ refuse to pay so much for a mascara so Chanel is out sad

keely79 Fri 01-Jul-16 17:06:08

I really like the Clinique tubing mascara - comes off with a bit of warm water (no need for eye make-up remover) but before then no panda eyes at all.

CaitAgusMadra Fri 01-Jul-16 17:34:32

I have really watery eyes - wear contacts - and use Max Factor Masterpiece waterproof mascara. It doesn't budge but comes off pretty easily with an oil based remover. It gives a nice defined look rather than clumpy volume IYKWIM

teejayem Fri 01-Jul-16 17:42:14

Lancôme hypnosis waterproof. It's mega and doesn't budge. Bit of a bugger to get off but was perfect for our surfing holiday!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 01-Jul-16 17:45:09

No 7 intense volume waterproof and take it off with Wilko eye make up remover which is only 95p and it's AMAZING! comes off so easily.

Boiledfart Fri 01-Jul-16 17:52:03

Blinc mascara is brilliant. I have greasy eyelids and anything else just slides off after about an hour.

Blinc mascara is a tube mascara that stays put all day until you remove it with just warm water and simple pressure. On its own it is quite subtle but you can buy an undercoat to apply underneath it when you want a more dramatic look.

I buy mine off either Amazon or eBay as I find it cheaper there. It's about £18 but well worth it and lasts ages. Takes a bit of getting used to when applying it but it is the best one I have ever tried for staying put and preventing panda eyes. You can even swim with it on. But any moist heat will cause it to start coming off eg a sauna.

Indecisivejo Fri 01-Jul-16 18:25:07

Thanks everyone so far! Might look at no7 one first cos cheaper and got a voucher smile

Boiledfart Fri 01-Jul-16 19:00:37

I haven't tried the No7 one so I am going to give it a go as I also resent paying so much for a make up item. Thank you also to others for the tips.

tigersinamess Fri 01-Jul-16 21:16:02

Blinc for me to. It's about £18 but a tube lasts me about 3 years.

FitbitAddict Sat 02-Jul-16 12:27:46

I got Max Factor voluptuous (green packaging) as part of a free set and it's better than anything else I've tried. Often on 3 for 2 in Superdrug too.

AuldReekieCreakymemory Sat 02-Jul-16 18:09:18

I'm with teejayem - Lancôme Hypnose waterproof (or most Lancôme waterproof mascaras to be honest) - £21 or so, saw me through my wedding, scuba diving, beach time, showering.....amazing stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now