HELP! I have no idea of taste and need to buy sofas!

(11 Posts)
innerturmoil Thu 30-Jun-16 19:45:25

So me and DH are just coming to end of building an extension and will soon have a lovely new room leading out to the garden. We have opted for a pale grey polished floor tile, some reclaimed reddish brick wall plus a pale grey wall. We need to buy 2 sofas. I was thinking of dark grey but think it might be too blahhh boring so I'm thinking of a leaf green sofa plus a mustard one. Is this completely awful? Is it OK to get 2 sofas in different colours? (sofas are same style - 1 2 seater and 1 3 seater). Me and DH about to come to blows as he was about to hit 'Buy' on the website when I commented the room might look like the CBeebies house??

Kennington Thu 30-Jun-16 19:48:01

Green and mustard sounds quite unusual but I definitely agree with not matching sofas nor chairs.
They did the crazy coloured decor at work and it does look like a CBeebies house. Your floor and walls sound fantastic.

Yokebe Thu 30-Jun-16 19:48:33

I would stick with grey looks over at my grey sofa you can change accesories often like curtains, clocks, cushions, rugs & picture frames.

SunshineOutdoors Thu 30-Jun-16 19:52:07

What about one grey and one patterned green?

SnakeWitch Thu 30-Jun-16 19:55:48

I say go with what you like! I was intending on doing up my new house all tasteful and sophisticated like a magazine but then I realised that's not me so I have been ordering things I love. God knows what it will look like when we move in but it all makes me happy!

Yokebe Thu 30-Jun-16 20:01:13

How about a sofa & a chair?

Yokebe Thu 30-Jun-16 20:01:59

orangebird69 Thu 30-Jun-16 20:18:11

I would say no to green but yes yes yes to mustard/ yellow with the grey.

Yika Thu 30-Jun-16 20:19:27

Leaf green plus mustard sounds a bit strong. Personally I'd go for the grey and then pep it up with green and mustard accessories, which can easily be changed.

flirtygirl Fri 01-Jul-16 09:48:51

Id go for one grey one mustard, its a great combo, google it or use pinterest as it really works. You were right to hold off the green and mustard are too much together.

Pootles2010 Fri 01-Jul-16 10:01:40

I like plain sofa, interesting colour/pattern on one mismatched chair. Like yokebe's photo. So maybe grey sofa, mustard chair, seems to be lots of those about.

And yes to pinterest, really helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now