Rozex 0.75% for rosacea

(9 Posts)
Absolutelynothingelse Thu 30-Jun-16 12:17:04

Anyone used this before with any success?

Do I use it morning and night and then refrain from using any serums, acid toners any other skin care products for a while etc?

LoonvanBoon Thu 30-Jun-16 15:32:05

It's just a brand name for metro gel (metronidazole) isn't it? I was prescribed it years ago when first diagnosed with rosacea - it often seems to be the first thing prescribed.

Did absolutely nothing for my symptoms (mainly redness, flushing, few spots) and seemed to make my skin more sensitive. Finacea (azelaic acid 15%) has been way better for me & helps keep all my symptoms under control. I've had IPL as well which got rid of some of my blotches / general redness.

It probably is best to avoid any other potentially irritating skin care products when trying a new topical. I know you're not supposed to drink alcohol when using metronidazole but I guess you probably don't anyway if flushing's one of your symptoms.

Nearlyadoctor Thu 30-Jun-16 15:37:27

It is Metronidazole - I tried it for about 3 months but it did absolutely nothing.
Should be used morning and night just using a very light moisturiser afterwards, no toner or astringent products. Best to use one with SPF 50 such as Le Roche Possay.

Artura Fri 01-Jul-16 22:37:23

I've just been to a talk by a dermatologist who didn't like metronidazole gel at all, more keen on ivermectin or azelaic acid (just ordered some for DP online for his). Think they can both be bought without prescription. Bromoledine gel is good for flushing rosacea with no pustules. Prescription only though.

margaritasbythesea Sat 02-Jul-16 16:32:50

Sorry to hijack but di you know of a good place to buy those things Artura?

BeckywiththeGoodHare Sat 02-Jul-16 17:33:13

Did nothing for me, but Finacea (azelaic acid) has been amazing - I could only find it on prescription, but asked my GP to prescribe it, and he obliged without question.

Absolutelynothingelse Mon 04-Jul-16 13:57:54

I'm quite liking this so far although I'm not excited by the fact it has emulsifying wax as one of the ingredients, but I am liking the fact it has lactic acid in it.
My hunt for now for a decent moisturiser seems to be over as this doesn't make my skin react into red blotches on application like everything else seemed to this last couple of years.
I'm a bit annoyed I didn't go the doctor sooner but I didn't realise I had mild rosacea.
Mind you I did have deal with my awful skin after using facial wipes for to long to remove makeup. So I'm happy to have sorted that out first.

Absolutelynothingelse Mon 04-Jul-16 13:59:39

I will try the azelaic acid though if the improvement isn't huge.

Absolutelynothingelse Thu 07-Jul-16 21:02:46

Urgh a horrid cluster of red acne type spots on my cheeks which I'm putting down to the emulsifying wax ingredient. I'm not using this again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now