Help dress me for a creative industry, lovely vipers!

(5 Posts)
everdene Thu 30-Jun-16 08:33:54

I have had excellent advice on here in the past, including getting my colours done, bra intervention and Footner grin

I appear to be on the brink of getting a promotion in the job I am currently in. It's in a creative industry and is senior manager level.

Anyone got any good recommendations for places to shop? I am a size 12 with 30GG boobs, I'm quite short too. I'm a HoC Spring (highlighted hair, blue eyes, pale skin).

I was thinking:
New glasses
New dresses
Some statement jewellery (or is that saying 'well wacky, me'?)

At the moment I wear a mix of clothes - today a wine coloured Whistles dress with a biker jacket and nude moccasins. But I have a bit of Tu at Sainsbury's, Gap, Cos, Banana Republic - all a couple of years old now.

I am 32 and I feel like some of my clothes are a bit staid for who I want to be iyfswim. In my company, people wear anything from jeans to Hobbs dresses with heels. It's mostly female, and quite scruffy on the whole.

All ideas/blog links welcome!

rosegoldie Thu 30-Jun-16 08:40:52

I'd go with something relatively plain that fits well like the below, accessorised with fine small jewellery - think multiple thin rings, and delicate necklace and studs, more subtle and chic in my opinion! You can then go a bit more wild with statement footwear!

http://www.frenchconnection.com/product/woman-collections-dresses/71ges/spotlight-star-knits-bardot-dress.htm?clr=000000

http://www.cosstores.com/es/Women/Dresses/Smart/Dresswithh_tie_collar/33947683-42453409.1#c-24480

rosegoldie Thu 30-Jun-16 08:41:49

Oh sorry just realised you meant everyday wear - thought you meant for an evening do!

I'd still say smaller jewellery and good quality plain fitted pieces

Chocolateteabag Thu 30-Jun-16 12:58:55

In another life I would dress for my cool office job in Baukjen & Me&Em (check on ebay)

Try Pinterest for style ideas? Or the Sartorialist Blog for cool street style ideas?

newlabelwriter Thu 30-Jun-16 13:10:20

COS, Andotherstories, Plumo, The Finery, Toast... all might the bill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now