Bra Help Needed!

(11 Posts)
bec3105 Wed 29-Jun-16 21:49:16

After years of guessing my size and wearing a 36C bra I measured myself using the guidelines I saw on here and changed to a 34D.
However I can't find a bra that fits properly and is comfortable.
I've tried loads on and bought several that I thought were ok but after wearing them for a couple of hours they irritate me.
Either the wire digs in under my arms, the cups slip down so I end up with four boobs or nipples sticking out the top blush or they're too tight under my boobs.
So I'm appealing for help here! Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

Cutecat78 Thu 30-Jun-16 09:32:08

M&S T-shirt bras are amazing (36E here).

They normally come in packs of two.

bec3105 Thu 30-Jun-16 09:49:51

Thanks CC I'll give them a go

Thelovecats Thu 30-Jun-16 09:53:57

Ask for advice on the 'boob or bust' fb page...

Liiinoo Thu 30-Jun-16 09:58:12

Where are you? Could you get to a good bra fitters (not M&S who are trained to measure you and match you to one of their sizes whether it's suitable or not). I find Bravissimo best but House of Fraser is good too. Even when you are correctly measured you will find that a 34D in one make will not fit while in another brand it will be perfect. Even within the same brands different styles will fit differently.

Cutecat78 Thu 30-Jun-16 10:13:05

Also love Figleaves (ESP swimwear with built in bra as am a size 10-12 with my 36E chest so is hard to get decent supportive swimwear).

It is quite pricy though.

bec3105 Thu 30-Jun-16 10:46:49

I'm not on Facebook.
I think there's a bravissimo not too far from me. Only been measured once and that was Debenhams years ago and they were useless!

Liiinoo Thu 30-Jun-16 11:01:50

Bravissimo is amazing. I was in the fitting room for nearly an hour last week while the very patient assistant measured and fitted. It was worth it though as I now have a lovely new selection of bras and bikinis.

bec3105 Thu 30-Jun-16 22:35:42

Think they'll be worth a visit then. Thanks everyone for your help.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Thu 30-Jun-16 23:03:21

I was measured at Bravissimo, but the bra they sold me fitted really badly, the straps were too widely set and always fell down no matter how much I tightened them, I never took it back as I live too far away, but I won't be going back to them.

What I now do is go to M&S and try a selection on in my Bravissimmo size (36E) and have always found good bras, they have such a vast range.

Mindgone Fri 01-Jul-16 00:16:21

I can't praise John Lewis highly enough for bra fitting.
You really need to go and get measured properly though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now