Can I use a salicyclic as well as glycolic?

(6 Posts)
lapinthe Wed 29-Jun-16 18:22:03

Currently using nip+fab but getting bumps and lumps from sunscreen. I want to add LRP Effaclar to combat them and will change sunscreen to Clinique city block 40.

So, can I use Effaclar am and Nipfab pm every day?

dragonsarebest Wed 29-Jun-16 18:38:31

Yes, no problem, if your skin is happy with this. Is it the s/s causing the bumps despite thorough cleansing? Could there be an ingredient in there that your skin reacts to? If so then introducing salicylic may not be the answer.

phoolani Wed 29-Jun-16 20:23:23

Mixing is fine, but I'd caution against using an acid twice a day, only because I did that when I first started and my skin started to get dry but more prone to spots. Once I relaxed it a bit - most mornings and one or two nights a week, it was much better.

WeeM Wed 29-Jun-16 21:03:58

I've never heard of nip+fab but just googled it and it sounds great-what one do you use? I was looking at the serum, do you use that as well moisturiser or instead of?

lapinthe Wed 29-Jun-16 22:26:27

I just use the pads. Nip+gab glycolic fix I think they're called. I've used alpha h liquid gold before but these are more convenient and the same glycolic strength at 5%.

Thanks for the advice, I'll use them on an ad hoc basis rather than night and day. I also have Decleor balms and an alpha h peel I like to use at night sporadically too.

As for the spf I not sure I've identified the reason for the bumps but it's frustrating! Heliocare gel had been the best so far but the tacky feeling puts me off. The last one that gave me bumps was Avene 50.

Kennington Thu 30-Jun-16 11:16:23

All SPf causes bumps depending on skin type and level of protection as it is really really pore blocking by its nature
I cannot use above spf 15 without getting blocked pores
Bar soap is the only thing I find prevents this so I wash my face thoroughly with this once a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now