How to stop lipstick bleeding?

(9 Posts)
WellTidy Mon 27-Jun-16 16:26:09

I think its my age. I'm 41 and my lipstick has started bleeding loads of late. I find that if I use lipliner, it doesn't bleed until later in the day, but are there any other ways to stop it bleeding so much please?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 27-Jun-16 16:31:49

Invisible lip liner and Lipcote if it's still around?

NatalieRushman Mon 27-Jun-16 16:35:26

Make sure the skin around your lips have hig foundation coverage. Line your lips, and fill them in with the lip liner, then blot it with a tissue and powder with translucent powder. Repeat several times before applying colour.

It's a bit of a faff but it works for me.

Just5minswithDacre Mon 27-Jun-16 16:49:03

I buy lipcote on Amazon or in a weird little pharmacy near SIL. It is still available.

WellTidy Mon 27-Jun-16 18:46:50

Natalie, which lip liners do you use? I would imagine you'd need a very soft and moisturising one to effectively use it as a lipstick many times over. I use Estée Lauder in spice as it goes with a few of my lipsticks.

Dame, where would I get a decent invisible lip liner from please?

I had no idea that lipcote was still made!

itstheyearzero Mon 27-Jun-16 19:02:01

I got some Lipcote in Primark on Saturday. I had forgotten how tingly it feels!

poppym12 Mon 27-Jun-16 19:44:03

interested in this too. i find that if i use lipliner, it seems to make my lips look wrinkly - as in lines around lips (yes, it's my age but i don't seem to experience the visible lines when i just use lipstick without liner).

NatalieRushman Mon 27-Jun-16 22:51:27

My favourite in terms of moisturising are a few Sisley phyto lèvres perfect lip liners, but I only have them in sheered, pink shades.

When I use darker colours, I nearly always use mac pro longer - it's not the most moisturising lip liner I've ever used, but it goes on smooth and with decently prepped lips (I wear lots of lip balm and drink ridiculous amounts of water), it goes on nicely and doesn't shift. The normal mac ones have a better range of colours, but are just too dry for me.

phoolani Tue 28-Jun-16 09:32:18

Nars lip liner and pore perfecter. Line it around your lips, creates a bit of a barrier to stop bleeding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now