St Tropez in shower self tanner-is it me or is it a bit shit?

(10 Posts)
SlinkyVagabond Sun 26-Jun-16 11:58:44

Bought some over a week ago and used it 4 times-nada, nothing, nyet. Follow the instructions, shower, get out, apply, condition hair, clean face, brush teeth, if anything over the three minutes. Rinse off, Pat dry. I'm fair (ghostly) so I would have expected something? Are there any tips to get it to work?

Liiinoo Sun 26-Jun-16 12:57:05

There are often threads on this product. Although some people swear by it I think the general consensus is that it's not great.

ShutTheFuckUpBarbara Sun 26-Jun-16 15:30:17

I tried it last year and thought it was alright.

Then again I don't really "do" self tan (because I'm hopeless) so I don't have much to compare it to.

I did get a nice glow though and I did the same as you: apply, wait, rinse.

pinkieandperkie Sun 26-Jun-16 15:35:08

I think it is one of those products that work for some and not for others. I got the st tropez face tanning oil drops a couple of weeks ago and they didn't work on my skin at all. I applied nightly for over a week and zero results. The reviews were good but just didn't work for me.

notfornothing Sun 26-Jun-16 15:40:22

I've just bought the st tropez lotion, and it's working great.
Just use it on my legs, no streaks, looks pretty good so far - used 3x so far

suze28 Sun 26-Jun-16 17:04:02

It does work, slowly. Did you make sure you were fairly damp before applying it? If you're very pale you should be able to see a difference after three applications.

Fuzzypeggy Sun 26-Jun-16 19:33:05

I love it, best tan product I've tried for looking natural and I've tried a lot. It is very gradual but after 3 goes it looks lovely on me

NapoleonsNose Sun 26-Jun-16 19:34:48

My experience of using it last summer was that it is a bit shit. I believe they do a medium one now which might be better though.

HappenstanceMarmite Sun 26-Jun-16 20:03:58

It's not just you. It is shit. With the delightful benefit of stinking like old school fake tan. Can't find an upside

Madbengalmum Sun 26-Jun-16 20:23:02

I really think its a marmite product,you either love it or hate it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now