Exercise Gear - size 16/18

(14 Posts)
Elbadram Sun 26-Jun-16 11:15:28

I'm looking for some nice exercise clothes that actually fit well.

I'm 29, an 18 bottom (huge hips) and a 16 on top with a fairly ample chest. I do have a reasonable selection of funky leggings but would like some more, that aren't so low rise that my tummy or muffin top tries to escape when I so much as jump!

I find tops really hard to find, I do have 16s but they're all too short and unflattering. I'm after some longer line tops/vests etc that are loose but don't make me look like I'm wearing a mans t-shirt.

Any ideas?

KeepOnPlodding Sun 26-Jun-16 11:50:36

I've just ordered these from Adidas (sale on at the moment). Bought a size up and they are a good shape and hip length.

http://www.adidas.co.uk/supernova-climachill-tank-top/AI8321.html

Have also had some vests from Amazon that are a looser shape, I'll see if I can find a link.

KeepOnPlodding Sun 26-Jun-16 11:54:07

Here you go...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Womens-TCA-Ultralite-Running-Sleeveless/dp/B014HZZ7OW/ref=sr11_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1466938401&sr=8-2&keywords=tca+running+women

Elbadram Sun 26-Jun-16 12:08:30

Thanks KeepOn, I really like both of those! How do the Amazon ones come out size wise?

KeepOnPlodding Sun 26-Jun-16 12:36:48

I would say that an XL is a pretty generous 16-18. Depends how loose you like it, I'd rather have a bit of movement! smile

mimiasovitch Sun 26-Jun-16 14:18:56

If you want sleeves this is a brilliant top. Long, feminine and loose.

Elbadram Sun 26-Jun-16 20:01:18

Thanks keepon and mimia I love that top does it come to a decent length? I'm going to order it!

thanksamillion Sun 26-Jun-16 20:07:59

I've had consistently good leggings from Sainsbury's which have a high enough waist to 'contain' and which don't slip down. Not found their tops to be so good though...

Elbadram Sun 26-Jun-16 22:38:43

I'll have a look thanksamillion I have some good leggings from Tesco but not found anymore since and the tops are rubbish, way too short.
Will try Sainsburys.

Runningupthathill82 Mon 27-Jun-16 08:37:18

Decathlon, every time. Good quality and cheap too.
I particularly like their patterned running capris.

mimiasovitch Mon 27-Jun-16 12:02:49

Yes, it's a good length. It's the top I always go for first. If they did it in another colour I'd have bought loads.

mimiasovitch Mon 27-Jun-16 12:05:03

On the bottom I always wear Nike. They're the only ones I have tried that don't slip down when I run, apart from my sweaty Betty ones. It is easier to find Nike on offer though. I hate having to hoik up my leggings when running. I look ungainly enough as it is.

Beanzmeanzcoffee Mon 27-Jun-16 12:24:14

M&S have really upped their game this year. They're a bit pricey (I think m&s are generally) but nothing on 'pro' sports wear. I'm a 20 though so have a bit less choice than at an 18.
I've just bought this and I'm so SO pleased with it. If I had more money right now I'd be buying the whole range.

Beanzmeanzcoffee Mon 27-Jun-16 12:24:41

I've also had some good stuff from next in the past.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now