I want to start doing gel nails at home...what do I need?

(7 Posts)
Shittak Sun 26-Jun-16 10:29:26

Read lots of things on here about gel nails at home. For various reasons (baby, time, money etc) I want to give it a go.

What basics do I need to start? Obviously a lamp thing, but I'm confused about base / colour / top coat and any other 'accessories' I might require. I can't seem to find a definitive list anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any advice flowers

legotits Sun 26-Jun-16 10:30:59

Buy a starter kit from amazon.
~£25 with everything you need.

Shittak Sun 26-Jun-16 15:39:26

Any brand?

Sootica Sun 26-Jun-16 15:42:42

Watching
My huge hate is getting the bloody things off whilst I'm happy to do then at home the soaking and scraping makes me shudder - any tips for that from experts of gels at home?

Shittak Sun 26-Jun-16 18:22:06

I get a weird satisfaction from peeling them off when the are a couple of weeks old yes I know it's terrible for my nails

Shittak Sun 26-Jun-16 18:22:38

There's a Sensationail kit half price on the Boots website but of course it's out of stock envy

MustBeThin Sun 26-Jun-16 18:56:25

Have you thought about the OPI Infinate shine? It's supposed to give the shine and lasting power of gel but you don't need to cure it with a lamp and you take it off like normal polish.

I use it all the time and can get 10 days wear from it. It's a 3 step system, bottom coat, gel colour and top coat. Half the time I just use normal polish with the top and bottom coat rather than the proper Infinate Shine ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now