Could you wear a maxi skirt like this to a wedding?

(7 Posts)
WalkingZed Sun 26-Jun-16 07:51:13

this Karen Millen one?

I know it's not standard wedding guest attire, but I'd really like something I could wear again. I'd probably dress the skirt down for work after!

Any thoughts?

Should I just look for a dress?!

dudsville Sun 26-Jun-16 08:03:42

I think it's nice. What top would you wear it with? I think the blue they have chosen doesn't work.

Cupcakeannie77 Sun 26-Jun-16 08:06:39

I like it! There are some beautiful wedges that give a long skirt/dress a dressed up look that can go better than heels/flats. smile

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 26-Jun-16 08:12:59

Yes,of course. Don't like the blue either though.

NashvilleQueen Sun 26-Jun-16 08:21:40

I'm not sure tbh. It could a bit old fashioned unless you're very obviously able to carry it off and put it with exactly the right thing. Can't see it working with anything but a plain sleeveless top and you couldn't possibly consider a cardigan and not sure a jacket would work.

NashvilleQueen Sun 26-Jun-16 08:23:50

Depends on the formality of the wedding I guess as well. Glasto style hipster wedding in a field = fine. Black tie event in stately home less so.

CodewordRochambeau Sun 26-Jun-16 08:48:49

A simpler, non-tiered shape would be smarter but you could get away with it. I'd put it with a silk t-shirt and a blazer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now