Which is the best sun cream?

(15 Posts)
StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 25-Jun-16 16:35:16

First holiday abroad in eight years this July to Cyprus., I'm a 'burns easily' skinned blue eyed fake blonde.

I'm not a sun worshipper but we'll be out and about, swimming and what not.

Which is the best protection these days, is Soltan still a goodun?

OliveBranchCollins Sat 25-Jun-16 17:43:33

Aldi suncream got the Which best buy this year

KatyS36 Sat 25-Jun-16 17:54:35

I like ambre solaire factor 50 kids. Does the business for us

Katy

Pixilicious Sat 25-Jun-16 18:04:49

I swear by P20 once a day. Used it for years and have never burned.

dailymaillazyjournos Sat 25-Jun-16 18:29:38

Was just coming on to say that Aldi's Lacura got best buy in Which, but OliveBranch beat me to it.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 25-Jun-16 18:42:11

Thanks for replies, I'm a bit worried about prickly heat if I'm honest.

It's a long time [as I said] since I've faced scorching heat, I've always been a sun avoider and relied on faking it.

I'm looking at Piz Buin Allergy, what do you think?

Longdistance Sat 25-Jun-16 18:51:53

I just bought Aldi's Lacura sun cream. They have a 5 star 50spf sun cream. I've got this for Dh who is a pale and pastey blonde, and we're heading to Cyprus too 🌞

I have just got factor 30 for me as I'm olive, and dark haired.

Can highly recommend the Aldi ones as had them last year for Barbados.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 25-Jun-16 18:54:49

Hi Long, I'm a bit nervous if I'm honest , it's going to be so hot!

specialsubject Sat 25-Jun-16 19:32:04

clothes; swim in rash vest and boardshorts (works better than bra and knickers anyway)

on dry land, cover up, stay in shade 11-3, reapply suncream regularly etc etc etc.

Longdistance Sat 25-Jun-16 21:49:14

My dd's pale and blonde too like Dh. She uses the kids factor 50 Aldi cream. This is the one she's been using.

BringMeTea Sat 25-Jun-16 22:47:01

If your budget allows I have found Lancaster range the best over the years and I have lived in the tropics for 10 years. TK Maxx often have it at great prices.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 26-Jun-16 08:40:47

Bring, thanks for that reminder , I've used Lancaster before, years ago , and it was lovely to use.

justaweeone Sun 26-Jun-16 09:47:08

I buy aldi sun cream but I have had this recommend if you suffer from prickly heat
https://www.thesuncareshop.com/product/malibu-dry-oil-spray-spf-30-100ml?gclid=CNKO-NSmxc0CFbQV0wodEqcIVg
It does only go as high as a 30 but really works re prickly heat

WhooooAmI24601 Sun 26-Jun-16 09:59:12

Ultrasun does a sensitive skin one; DH gets awful prickly heat and the DCs get eczema and it's never aggravated their skins in all the years we've travelled.

I love P20 for my skin, but it's like a rhino hide and the least sensitive skin on earth, so I'd suggest Ultrasun first.

DurhamDurham Sun 26-Jun-16 10:14:28

I use the P20 sun screen and it works for me, I never burn and I like the fact it doesn't leave a greasy residue. I don't like the fact that it drains white things, I've stopped wearing white vests and tshirts when I use P20.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now