someone dress me for my graduation please

(8 Posts)
IAmAPaleontologist Thu 23-Jun-16 18:38:54

I have lost the will.

burnishedsilver Thu 23-Jun-16 21:32:24

I think we need more information.

IAmAPaleontologist Thu 23-Jun-16 21:56:58

Size 10 with flabby tummy. Erm, graduation, gown and assorted shit. I have spent the winter hiding the flabby tum with jumper dresses. Now have no clothes because all dresses are in the bottom of the wardrobe and no longer fit due to the stomach. I may need to rectify that but graduation is on July 7th so need something before then!

JosieGrossie Thu 23-Jun-16 22:58:22

Do you have any colours in mind?

burnishedsilver Thu 23-Jun-16 23:29:08

Age, height and budget?

Portobelly Thu 23-Jun-16 23:44:28

I remember that some part of the gown needs to be safety pinned to the front of your top
I wore a dark shirt for my first graduation, and once I saw the photos wished I'd worn white, so that the gown would have been more visible.
Its seldom that I'd suggest a white shirt for anything, but this was an occasion when it would have been fitting,
Simple dark skirt, nude tights, good discrete shoes and a trip to the hairdressers.

CurlsLDN Fri 24-Jun-16 08:36:17

Yes as pp said, the gown is attached to the front of your clothes - so on men it hooks on a shirt button.
I chose to wear a black dress with a v neck, and safety pinned it to the v. It looks good in photos, with a flattering triangle of neck on show, but the weight of it did keep pulling on my dress a bit, so if you go for a dress make sure it's fairly structured rather than stretchy

JamieVardysParty Fri 24-Jun-16 13:55:53

I find Closet dresses are normally really flattering shapes for those wanting to hide a tummy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now