high street primer that will make my dry skin dewy?

(4 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Thu 23-Jun-16 14:40:17

I can't spend too much so looking forssomething I can get in superdrug or boots but I need a primer that wil help my makeup stay on, ones ive tried before seem to sap moisture away and bring out patchy dry bits on my cheeks. I tend to get redness too.
I want a dewy moisturised look as my skin tends to be dry. Is there anything good on the high street?

Nabootique Thu 23-Jun-16 15:17:07

Hello. I wouldn't say it's possible to resolve everything with a primer. Your best bet is a hydrating one, which will help stop your skin sucking the water out of your foundation and making it patchy, and then a concealer or green colour corrector for any redness. Also, if your skin is dehydrated you could use a hydrating serum in your skincare as well (I have the same issue).

Absolutelynothingelse Thu 23-Jun-16 18:37:12

This is nice and dewy.

www.boots.com/en/Bourjois-Paris-Happy-Light-Luminous-Serum-Primer_1388141/

keeponkeepinon Thu 23-Jun-16 19:01:51

Oh good that bourjois one is the one I was looking at! I currently use the healthy mix foundation but I feel it wears off a bit.

What do people use setting/translucent powder fir? Would this just dry out my skin even more?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now