Childproof swimming attire

(8 Posts)
DisdressedDolphin Tue 21-Jun-16 21:56:23

Again, my DD managed to expose me in the pool this morning. As she did last week. It's all very well her trying to swim without armbands but she thrashes around and grabs hold of the nearest thing she can get her hands on. My bikini top. Or manages to get her foot caught in the bikini bottoms...

What style should I be looking for? I'm a different size top/bottom so, I've never really managed to find a one piece that fits. Bikinis I can only find ones that fit if I can buy the halves separately, not as a set. (Bra size 32B) I need something robust where I don't have to check every minute that I'm still decent!

museumum Tue 21-Jun-16 21:58:12

Any sport swimming costume will be suitable (eg speedo). I can't imagine anyone is so different top and bottom they can't wear a standard speedo.

DisdressedDolphin Wed 22-Jun-16 10:26:42

But I'm not and never will be a sport swimmer. And they're ugly. (And DH says he will disown me if I buy one!)

DonkeyOaty Wed 22-Jun-16 10:32:53

Well a one piece will do the job

Not sure why your husband is so against you wearing practical, functional swimwear when swimming with his child hmm

CMOTDibbler Wed 22-Jun-16 10:44:29

Bikinis are for swanning round by a pool. One pieces are for swimming in and practicality. The Slazenger boy leg suit from Sports Direct may be ugly, but its cheap as chips and makes sure you stay properly covered while child wrangling.

MrsRonBurgundy Wed 22-Jun-16 10:44:35

I got a one piece from topshop which has a high neck so practical for actually swimming but then has a cut out back so still looks nice.

Have you tried topshop and river island, places like that? One pieces are everywhere this summer so you should be able to find one that will be practical enough but still look nice

AliBingo Wed 22-Jun-16 11:50:59

Was going to say high neck one piece, there are a few around this season and the high neck is great with kids!

Hopefully Wed 22-Jun-16 11:53:37

Sports bikini might do it (one with a racer back). Try searching brands like tribord on decathlon, or sweaty Betty have one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now