Which Teva sandals - and are they instore anywhere?

(16 Posts)
Celeriacacaca Tue 21-Jun-16 20:50:48

I've read so many recommendations for Teva sandals as I'm looking for the holy grail in comfort for casual sandals. Now that I've looked on line I'm confused - original, verra modern, etc - which ones are best please?

Also, where can I try them on or are they online only?

ShowOfHands Tue 21-Jun-16 20:54:56

Ooh I went to London when 8 months pg and there was a heatwave. I had such swollen feet I asked a shoe shop to recommend any shoe that wouldn't hurt. Those teva sandals are 9.5 years old now and I wear them all summer. Bung them in the washing machine regularly too. They are immaculate still and so comfortable. Oh I do love them.

I'll try and Google the actual style.

ShowOfHands Tue 21-Jun-16 20:59:13

Mine are dozers.

mumsnit Tue 21-Jun-16 21:00:17

I got my Teva sandals in TK Maxx! So comfy but they are closed toe style and I've never seen any similar on the website. Such a shame as they are perfect!

EmpressTomatoKetchup Tue 21-Jun-16 21:22:03

I got mine from Asos
www.asos.com/women/a-to-z-of-brands/teva/cat/?cid=20417

Celeriacacaca Tue 21-Jun-16 21:42:35

Thanks Empress - and they've got loads on sale. Which ones did you get?

AntiHop Tue 21-Jun-16 21:51:16

I got mine from an outdoors equipment/camping shop. It was so many years ago that I don't remember which one! They've lasted really well. I wear them loads.

MadameCholetsDirtySecret Tue 21-Jun-16 21:53:02

Thanks for this thread. I have bought the White flatform sandals on sale. Yay!

riskyinred Tue 21-Jun-16 22:19:14

I have Tevas and do love them as you can scrub them clean. One thing to be aware of though is that the soles are rough and almost exfoliate your feet. I have the black ones and sometimes 'shed' dead skin and there's a light dusting which is visible. Freaks me out a little but I just scrub them regularly in the shower with an antibacterial soap and they're good as new.

EmpressTomatoKetchup Tue 21-Jun-16 22:27:16

The toe post ones. Would definitely recommend. Might have to get the original universal too now I know they're on sale

niminypiminy Tue 21-Jun-16 22:46:51

I have a pair of white flatforms. I wanted so much to love them - but found them really uncomfortable. The narrow strap across the toe joint and the unbendiness of the flatform sole meant they were very painful. Perhaps the ordinary ones would be better.

AgeingArtemis Tue 21-Jun-16 22:53:21

I tried on a pair (can't remember if they were hurricane xlt or terra fi lite) and they weren't very comfortable for me, but everyone,s feet are different

ShellSuitonBonfireNight Tue 21-Jun-16 23:00:18

I've just bought a pair of Teva's from Asos, thanks to this thread! grin For once having size 8 feet was a good thing - the only size left!

RaisingSteam Tue 21-Jun-16 23:13:30

I've got Teva Tirra's, I would wear them all day every day in the summer if I could they are so comfortable. They are a bit more sporty, ideal for dog walking/going to park/camping etc. I wear birkenstocks for less active occasions but they aren't as comfortable. Shops like Cotswold Outdoor and Go Outdoors stock them.

susiederkins31 Wed 22-Jun-16 06:31:50

I've just bought some in the sale from Urban Outfitters online.

elliefredericksen Wed 22-Jun-16 08:20:13

I have just bought the originals in black and white with a recent asos code. I've worn the black ones and can vouch they are so comfortable, and for those with wide feet, worth noting that the straps are adjustable.

Can I ask anyone with the white originals or similar - how dirty do they get? I've had the white ones boxed up to return for a while as I figured I won't love them once they get grubby but I really, really love them the way they looked new - obviously I know they won't stay pristine, but does cleaning really get rid of lots of the dirt??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now