Wishlist for shopping in the US

(11 Posts)
Wibblytummy Mon 20-Jun-16 22:27:33

Looking for some inspiration please! DH is off to the US next week and has offered to buy me some nice bits to bring back, as he's planning to stop by some of the outlet centres and malls. I'm currently pregnant (at the big old massive stage, so the prospect of clothes is quite a pointless prospect) and feeling very uninspired of ideas... Bags, make up, beauty, shoes? Please tell me what you'd have on your want list!

WeeM Mon 20-Jun-16 22:30:41

I would have benefit make up, some trainers that you can't get here, maybe some hollister/gap hoody type thing and a nice bag...ill send my address on to you...wink

Celticlassie Mon 20-Jun-16 22:32:50

I got a Burt's Bees lip shimmer thing for $4 - it's £7.99 on Amazon. Wish I'd bought a couple more.

pinkskyinthecity Mon 20-Jun-16 22:34:43

About 5 years ago, my daughter went to their outlet stores and got a load of Abercrombie & Fitch stuff. V. cheap as well. They also did a lot of Polo/R.Lauren stock too.

EttaJ Mon 20-Jun-16 22:36:41

I love US shopping so much and we go a few times a year. Sephora is where I get all my beauty bits, great selection of brands and prices. It's like a sweetshop to a child . Where is he off to?

Two4601 Mon 20-Jun-16 22:38:01

I went in May and bought a Tiffany bracelet 1/3 off UK prices. Haven't taken it off since buying it.

OlennasWimple Tue 21-Jun-16 04:41:13

Calvin Klein undies

Designer handbags (or "purses")

Converse

ThisIsNotARealAvo Tue 21-Jun-16 04:43:33

If you like uggs they are way cheaper than here. I got some about 5 years ago for $120 when they were £150 here.

ThisIsNotARealAvo Tue 21-Jun-16 04:44:07

Also Coach bags.

MyFriendsCallMeOh Tue 21-Jun-16 05:07:07

Coach, Kate Spade, Michael Kors for bags, wallets, sunglasses etc. Sephora and Walgreens etc for Burts Bees, Essie, Cover Girl, Benefit etc. Sephora X brand nail polish is amazing if you're into that. Gap is super cheap, also Abercrombie, Banana Republic, J Crew, Madewell, Nine West... Kiehls is cheaper here (I live in the USA). Where is he going in the USA? If you have an idea of which outlet malls he's visiting it's easier to pinpoint brands.

Don't forget limited edition oreos are out (red velvet cake, cinnamon bun etc) and peanut butter M&Ms although I've heard you can get those in the UK now.

Wibblytummy Tue 21-Jun-16 16:18:24

He's off to San Mateo if there's anything worth recommending to send him to round there?

Normally he'd always bring me a nice piece of clothing back from his trip as he knows my style quite well but going in the big ol giant phase of pregnancy, I'm feeling quite disheartened by clothes that won't fit me for a while yet, so definitely loving these suggestions! Any particular make up brands exclusive to the US that are definitely worth putting only list? absolutely loving the sound of Sephora...

Thanks so much for the ideas so far, I'm building a nice 'list' of suggestions grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now