Foundation & concealer for yellow toned skin

(6 Posts)
Trickymoments Mon 20-Jun-16 13:42:54

I have quite sallow olive skin with yellow tones & I'm struggling to find a foundation and concealer to suit it. I have quite dark areas under my eyes & all of the concealers I've tried are quite pinky and leave the area looking a bit grey.
I do like Clinique as my skin is quite sensitive and is fine with their products but am open to other suggestions too.

LatinForTelly Mon 20-Jun-16 13:44:57

I think Bobbi Brown is good for yellow toned skin - or it used to be back in the day when I bought more expensive skincare. Am by no means a guru so hope someone more knowledgeable comes along soon!

HeyMacWey Mon 20-Jun-16 13:45:02

Bourjois are good for yellow tones as are bobbi brown.
Bourjois have a newish concealer that is good - think it's got radiance in the name.

Trickymoments Mon 20-Jun-16 13:50:16

Thanks I did buy a Bobbi Brown tinted moisturiser but had to return it as it brought me out in spots!

chajazam Mon 20-Jun-16 13:58:46

Might be worth trying a Japanese brand like suqqu or shesido. I have issues with dark circles and use a peach corrector from Bobbi brown and nars concealor. Ysl also have foundation with different options for yellow/pink/neutral undertones and it's very good. You can also get correcting primers which could help, Clinique and Smasbox offer these.

HusnaraBeauty Mon 20-Jun-16 14:10:38

Hello!

Hopefully this will help you.
You need to use a colour corrector under your concealer. You said that your concealer looks quite grey after applying concealer. To cancel this out, try a peach toned colour corrector under your concealer. For a liquid option the YSL Touche Éclat is very good, in their peach colour, or for something with a more heavier cream base, depending on whether you have dry under eyes or not, Illamasque's colour corrector in 'Emerge' is also a good option. After you blend this in, add your concealer on top. I find the Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer is the best for not settling into fine lines. Don't forget to add a light helping of powder on top of your concealer to set everything.

For more advice and tips relating to beauty, check out my Youtube channel - Husnara Beauty. Thanks guys. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now