How to get my new 'lob' to look like...

(5 Posts)
Youvegottobekidding Mon 20-Jun-16 10:31:12

So, I've recently had my longish hair chopped off to a 'lob'. I have quite thick hair. It's a bit dry too because I've coloured it a lot!

After washing & conditioning it, I usually rub in a bit of Boots style works heat protection serum, then blow dry. Since having it cut, I'm finding I need to run the straighteners through, otherwise it looks a bit frizzy, where as before I could get away with leaving it! Anyway how do I get my hair to look like this? I quite like the slightly wavy look. I would say my hair isn't naturally perfectly straight, but if I was to let it dry naturally it looks like a cross between worzel gummage & James May.

justabigmess Mon 20-Jun-16 10:37:06

Watching as this is how i want my hair next time i go!

Buttwing Mon 20-Jun-16 13:10:52

My hair is like that but a bit longer. I wash and blow dry then using big barrel tongs I tong sections of my hair not for too long. I divided my hair and start from the back and wrap the hair round the barrel, I alternate which way I wrap the hair so 1 piece clock wise, the next piece anti clockwise this stops it looking too done. I would post a picture but I got caught in the rain this morning taking the kids to school!

Buttwing Mon 20-Jun-16 13:11:37

Sorry meant to add leave it to cool then pull it out with your fingers and put some serum through it.

retainertrainer Mon 20-Jun-16 14:04:50

Hair straighteners will create that relaxed wave. Have a look on YouTube,very very simple to achieve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now