Grey mascara?

(14 Posts)
SpaceUnicorn Sun 19-Jun-16 16:57:47

Help me!!!!

I have a Clarins grey mascara which I LOVE. Sadly it's just about finished, and it appears that Clarins don't make it anymore. I'm struggling to find a replacement grey mascara anywhere confused

Black is too harsh on me, brown too meh. Grey was perfect. I searched a few older threads for recommendations but they don't seem to be available now (e.g. Helena Rubinstein).

Google has located a vegan one with atrocious reviews, and an Ilia one which is £25-ish, which I don't mind paying if it's a good product, but I've never heard of that brand so I'm wary about purchasing it.

Any help very gratefully received,

AlistairSim Sun 19-Jun-16 17:05:35

Am watching with interest, OP, I've been looking for one on and off for a while.
I remember when most ranges had grey, now it's difficult to get anything other than black.

SpaceUnicorn Sun 19-Jun-16 17:11:59

It's frustrating, isn't it? I remember grey being much more easily available in the past too. And yes, I've looked at so many today that come in black only (including, bafflingly, one that came in 'very black' and 'blackest black', which I'm sure were very very different shades indeed hmm)

3littlefrogs Sun 19-Jun-16 17:17:03

I used to love grey mascara but haven't found one I like for years.

I have ash toned hair, pale skin and blue/grey eyes. I now use a L'oreal soft purple/plum colour and it is very flattering.

It is a pain when favourite products go out of production.

ThomasHardyPerennial Sun 19-Jun-16 17:19:04

Lancôme do a grey mascara - 'excessive grey' in their hypnôse drama range. I haven't used it, but it has been on my wishlist for ages! Sorry I can't do links on my phone.

SpaceUnicorn Sun 19-Jun-16 17:36:48

I'm struggling to find that in stock anywhere, Thomas sad Some sites give an option of 'Gris fatale' as well, which is also hard to get hold of.

ThomasHardyPerennial Sun 19-Jun-16 17:57:41

Oh crap, that's annoying! I'm sure I looked a few weeks ago and it was still in stock on the Lancôme website. Sorry!

cressetmama Sun 19-Jun-16 19:09:42

There is, in some ranges, will try to remember to look later, a soft black option. Otherwise I look for navy.

SpaceUnicorn Sun 19-Jun-16 19:27:29

Oh crap, that's annoying! I'm sure I looked a few weeks ago and it was still in stock on the Lancôme website. Sorry!

They've deliberately discontinued it because they knew I was after one. Definitely the only plausible explanation.

SpaceUnicorn Sun 19-Jun-16 19:30:42

Otherwise I look for navy

I'm tempted by navy as an alternative. I'll see what's out there <cue all mascara manufacturers instantly discontinuing their navy ranges wink>

ThomasHardyPerennial Sun 19-Jun-16 19:31:57

Kiko have one called 'pearly charcoal' link to Kiko website here

Also this Lancôme mascara 'Le Noir L'Wren' which seems to be grey, available from Boots here

Haven't used either, but might be worth a shot!
(fingers crossed the links work)

SpaceUnicorn Sun 19-Jun-16 20:49:42

I've ordered a Kiko one, thanks Thomas. And a cheap navy one too to see how that suits me smile

ThomasHardyPerennial Sun 19-Jun-16 20:51:42

I am really keen to try navy mascara now, and plum!

SquidTableau Mon 20-Jun-16 15:03:21

I really rate the ARTdeco grey mascara, you could get it in Debenhams although it's currently out of stock. www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123266406399_-1 I hope this doesn't mean this ones also been discontinued. I need grey mascara, I'm fair so black is too harsh but as my hair is ashy blonde brown mascara looks daft. Grey goes with my bluey grey eyes too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now