Red toe nails with clear fingernails?

(11 Posts)
FlossiesFurCoat Fri 17-Jun-16 16:22:19

I do like a bit of colour on toe nails in the summer, but for a wedding should I colour finger nails to match or keep them clear?

I'm not so keen on red fingernails....

Liiinoo Fri 17-Jun-16 16:44:43

I think matching toe and finger nails look like you are trying too hard but I do it the other way round - a natural looking French polish on the toes and a strong dark colour on the fingers.
I am not sure about clear on the fingers for a wedding, it might look too informal? A subtle French (not footballers wives acrylic stylee) or a pale nude might look more finished.

FlossiesFurCoat Fri 17-Jun-16 16:50:32

Yes, meant pale pink/nude colour on nails.

I wasn't sure if it red on one and not the other look odd, and thought maybe do French on both?

PacificDogwod Fri 17-Jun-16 16:56:07

Is there a free bar?
If so, nobody will notice grin

I never wear any kind of nail polish on my fingers (cannot stand the feel of it, discouraged at work too) and usually have a dark colour on my toe nail. Never thought it was an issue for a wedding tbh.

And both the same colour I do think would be too matchy-matchy and a bit old fashioned IMO.

MitzyLeFrouf Fri 17-Jun-16 16:56:08

That's the way I always do it. I don't like the feel of nail varnish on my fingernails but love having red tootsies.

PacificDogwod Fri 17-Jun-16 16:57:04

'toe nailS' - I have more than one toe nail! hmmgrin

WindPowerRanger Fri 17-Jun-16 16:59:26

Clear nails = informal?

I don't agree. It is a classic look.

Ohchristmastreeohchristmastree Fri 17-Jun-16 17:01:49

I always have dark red toes (not burgundy) and a very sheer pale pink on my fingers. Always, even for a special event such as a wedding.
I'd feel just plain wrong with either red fingers or pale toes.

katiegg Fri 17-Jun-16 17:21:56

That's how I do it too. I like bright colours on my toenails, it makes me feel happy.

I'm not allowed nail polish in work and am encouraged to keep my nails short so my finger nails are bare. If I paint them for a night out/ wedding etc, they are usually a pale pink or nude sort of colour. I've got to the point where I don't even like colour on my finger nails, I never look and sophisticated as other people and it seems to chip within minutes!

AdoraKiora Fri 17-Jun-16 17:43:08

I always go lighter on fingers, brighter on toes.

I can be a bit braver on my feet - very bright pinks, reds etc - but I like forgiving colours (nudes, shimmery shell pinks etc) on my fingers as the manicure lasts longer that way i find.

EnidButton Sun 19-Jun-16 16:03:00

I much prefer the colours to be mismatched but tonal. I like proper red toenails and dark cherry red fingernails personally.

But clear, well groomed nails go with everything don't they? Classic and polished (literally).

It's a yes from me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now