Does anyone catalogue clothing?

(8 Posts)
avocadosweet Fri 17-Jun-16 13:31:43

I have two DDs so I'm keeping DD1's outgrown clothes for DD2. This would be fine as I can just put each size in vacuum bags in the loft, but I buy new things too and can't remember what we already have. I don't want to end up with duplicates. I also have kind people giving us hand me downs so DD1 has some of the next two years clothing already!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to catalogue clothing? I've Googled but it just comes up with catalogue shopping like Littlewoods! I'm thinking of a spreadsheet or something?

MsBlandingsBuildsHerDreamHouse Fri 17-Jun-16 13:40:02

There are loads of apps available to maybe have a look at? I don't know of any that are specifically for children's clothing (worth searching?) but here are various general ones.

avocadosweet Fri 17-Jun-16 14:03:58

Oh that's great, I'll have a look. Thanks!

chanie44 Fri 17-Jun-16 14:07:59

I buy the next size up for my children in sales etc and I keep a tally chart of what they have in a little note book eg

DS
Short sleeve tshirts
Long sleeve t shirts
Jumpers
Jeans/trousers
Jogging bottoms
Shorts

DD
Short sleeve tops
Long sleeve tops
Dresses/tunics
Jumpers
Jeans/leggings

It's very basic, but helps me keep track so I don't buy too many of one item.

avocadosweet Fri 17-Jun-16 18:41:14

Simple but effective! Thanks.

NatalieRushman Fri 17-Jun-16 21:07:38

I have a spreadsheet of clothes for myself! I document every new item of clothing I buy so I can keep track of everything on my wardrobe. It makes it easier to notice things that I don't like - if I find something in my wardrobe that isn't on the spreadsheet, I have to decide if I like it enough to log it and keep it. If it doesn't make the cut, it goes.

ChishandFips33 Fri 17-Jun-16 22:20:49

Photograph and keep in size albums on phone??
Depending on how much of each could do seperate pics or in groups

avocadosweet Sat 18-Jun-16 17:54:03

Thanks everyone, I've used Evernote and have created a note for each size and photographed items in groups of tops, cardis, coats etc. Hopefully it will help me keep track!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now