How should I deal with thin eyebrows?

(24 Posts)
LadyNellCardross Fri 17-Jun-16 11:40:14

My eyebrows have suffered from years of teenage plucking and are now both threadbare and different shapes. I need to neaten them up and make them look a bit better but don't know where to start. I want them to look thicker but dread the drawn on look that the girls have in our local brow bar. Any advice?

ProcrastinatingIsMyForte Fri 17-Jun-16 11:49:11

There's a salon in our area that does HD brows. Nothing like the scouse brows you see, much, much softer! My friend has hers done for exactly your reason. I was never into beauty in my youth so mine are relatively unscathed but I'm sure if you ask around your area you'll find help.

LadyNellCardross Fri 17-Jun-16 12:15:14

Thank you! Maybe I need to go a little further to look for a reputable salon then. I don't know anything about HD brows. Will do a bit of research.

stumblymonkey Fri 17-Jun-16 12:30:20

Do you use anything at the moment at all?

I have the same issue and use an eyebrow pencil but it's perfectly possible to get a natural look and avoid the 'drawn on' effect...

LadyNellCardross Fri 17-Jun-16 12:40:00

No I don't use anything at the moment. I looked at Brow Satin by Maybelline in Superdrug earlier today but I'm a bit chicken to use it. The shape is so uneven in the first place that I think it would look ridiculous.

PutAPlasterOn Fri 17-Jun-16 12:54:47

I would recommend Benefit brow bars and their Gimme brow. My eyebrows were terrible, so thin. I first went for an eyebrow wax and tint around 2 years ago after I'd stopped plucking for a few months shock. Ive had them done on a regular basis and now they are much thicker/normal looking with a nice shape. I tend to have them done at benefit every 3 months now and in the mean time I tint them myself and just pluck the odd bit of regrowth. It's very easy to get carried away with the plucking tho!! I'm letting them grow a bit now so I can have them shaped and tinted before my hols.

TennesseeMountainPointOfView Fri 17-Jun-16 12:59:09

I had mine threaded to even up the shape, although they still not entirely the same, but they are better than they were. I tint them every week, which makes the individual hairs seem thicker, and then use either Benefit Browzings or Maybelline Brow satin, both of which have a powder which fills in the gaps nicely.

LadyNellCardross Fri 17-Jun-16 13:02:46

Fabulous suggestions there for me to try. Thanks everyone. I may as well buy the brow satin and give it a go. I will also try and get some recommendations locally for waxing or threading.

FinallyHere Fri 17-Jun-16 13:19:24

After years of messing around, i had my thinning brows tattooed. Its been a life changer. I knew i liked them from the start. The minute my mother saw them she said 'when can i gave mine done?' The ultimate compliment.

I read about the place, www.karenbetts.co.uk in Hello magazine, of all places.

Kirriemuir Fri 17-Jun-16 13:31:28

Wunderbrow is fabulous stuff.

EnidButton Sun 19-Jun-16 16:06:13

Rapidbrow serum. It's the bollocks. Give it a month of application every night and resist the tweezers, apart from obvious places like between your brows etc, and you'll see a lot of new growth. It's an amazing product.

m.boots.com/h5/cat_hub?unCountry=uk&path=%2Fen%2FRapidBrow-Eyebrow-Enhancing-Serum_1252036%2F

CatsGoPurrrr Sun 19-Jun-16 16:20:26

I've had a similar problem. I'm currently 'growing' mine out and using coconut oil to (hopefully) speed up the process. It's been about 5 weeks. In a couple of weeks am getting them re-shaped. Can't wait!

OuchLegoHurts Sun 19-Jun-16 17:32:09

Chanel do an eyebrow pencil that is unbelievably realistic. I use the blonde one, which gives light brown eyebrows. They never look drawn on. I highly recommend it.

miniswin Sun 19-Jun-16 17:33:46

Have a look in to microblading if you're looking for something a bit more permanent.

EnidButton Sun 19-Jun-16 17:52:45

Powder, applied with an angled brush and then brushed through, works better than pencils btw. It creates a shadow as if there's hair there so it's much more subtle and natural. I actually use a matte eyeshadow as a lot of the browns in eyebrow kits have too much red in them. I like an ash brown. Just make sure it's matte. No-one wants glittery eyebrows. It's not 1996. grin

WindTheFrog Sun 19-Jun-16 20:14:55

Those who tint yourself what tint works best?
I use the benefit powder and it's brilliant but I'm thinking of tinting mine for holiday.

PutAPlasterOn Sun 19-Jun-16 23:00:22

I think the one I have is Eyelure. Really easy to use. I use a cotton bud to make an outline with Vaseline. Use another cotton bud to apply the colour. Leave for 5 mins and wipe off.

trufflesnout Sun 19-Jun-16 23:26:55

If you go to a salon for HD brows, try to know a little more about what you want before you go in. "HD brows" just means having them done, and results can range from blocky to natural.

trufflesnout Sun 19-Jun-16 23:28:28

Sorry, forgot to say what I use. I used to have one of the Archery pencils by Soap & Glory and it was great, easy to manipulate to get what I wanted. However I tried the NYX version recently because it was £1 cheaper and I prefer it - it's harder so the product is easier to feather lightly. Neither are as hard as a pencil tho, it's sort of a solid cream almost.

lorribaby Sun 19-Jun-16 23:44:13

I had a cosmetic tattoo done as I had over plucked mine. Expensive but the results are amazing although you must do your research as so many dodgy places offer it. I went to moya wren in Glasgow. Picture attached.

justaweeone Mon 20-Jun-16 08:28:30

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d6tMavELbiI

PutAPlasterOn Mon 20-Jun-16 17:23:59

I recommended Benefit Brow Bar mainly for the type of brow they do. Its quite a natural look. I used to go to a local salon for wax and tint but it wasn't great. It was always far to thin and not a flattering/natural shape. That's why I decided to grow them out and after some research I really liked the Benefit way of doing brows.

jenna951357 Wed 22-Jun-16 11:27:43

try microblading!

KittyKrap Wed 22-Jun-16 11:44:20

Second nod to Wunderbrow!
Fabulous stuff and it lasts a good few days. Just remember to buy a brow brush/comb.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now