Is there an eyeliner that I can wear on top lids that won't transfer to rest of lids?!

(30 Posts)
Trickymoments Thu 16-Jun-16 10:38:49

I really like the look of eyeliner on my top lid for a bit of definition but every time I do it it ends up smudged on the upper part of my eyelid.

I've tried using eye primer & powder to set it but it still smudges and looks messy.

I don't want black or anything too harsh or felt tip pen like. I've just bought Clinique intense eyeliner in a shimmery greeny brown and I love it but it won't stay put!

Can anyone suggest something that won't move before I waste anymore money?!

BobbinThreadbare123 Thu 16-Jun-16 10:48:14

Watching with interest, as I also have this problem. It's better when I do primer, shadow, a fairly dry liner and then glitter dust shadow on top to 'set' the liner. I have hooded lids though :-( all the makeup tutorials are useless, even the ones for hooded lids....

Trickymoments Thu 16-Jun-16 10:52:20

Glad it's not just me Bobbin! I see people all the time with lovely looking liner that's not smudged.
What are hooded lids?

purplefizz26 Thu 16-Jun-16 10:58:53

I use this. It might come in less harsh shades than the black i use, not sure.
It NEVER smudges, stays put all day even if out in rain or after a cry!
It does still wipe clean off with a wipe with little effort! Amazing smile

BobbinThreadbare123 Thu 16-Jun-16 11:10:20

Hooded lids - have a look at the actress Emma Stone; look at how her eyelids aren't very visible. The upper fold under your eyebrow comes down to the eyelash line.

This makes it sound awful but it's not! It just means I can't do big manga eye makeup!

Trickymoments Thu 16-Jun-16 17:44:29

Oh I think that must be what I have then. Basically not much lid visible.
I'm not sure eyeshadow really works for me as it makes me eyes look wrinkly whereas the top lid liner does make my eyes stand out nicely. Doesn't look as good on the lower lid though, seems to make my eyes look even smaller.

Any more suggestions for eyeliners that stay put?

whitehandledkitchenknife Thu 16-Jun-16 17:51:30

MAC fluid line eye pencil works for me (hooded lids). Water willow is a lovely green.

Chimerah Thu 16-Jun-16 17:59:38

Avon glimmersticks, waterproof ones x

Lndnmummy Thu 16-Jun-16 18:10:24

Seventeen high drama is amazing. It doesnt budge. I use it to tightline

dun1urkin Thu 16-Jun-16 18:18:19

Estée Lauder double wear eyeliner is the only one that doesn't budge on me.

Dizzydodo Thu 16-Jun-16 18:20:41

Stila smudge sticks are good, I like the no 7 liquid liner too. I had an eyeko one which stayed put but was horrible to apply so wouldn't really recommend it!

Trickymoments Thu 16-Jun-16 21:47:24

How about the Bobbi Brown gel liner? Reviews look good, anyone use this?

ggirl Thu 16-Jun-16 21:53:44

both bobbi brown and maybelline gel eyeliner don't transfer on me and loads of pens do

estee lauder double wear one is also good but not as good as the gel ones

moomoogalicious Thu 16-Jun-16 21:57:04

No7 liquid eyeliner.

Queenbean Thu 16-Jun-16 21:58:55

I have this problem badly and I use the Collection 2000 waterproof liquid eyeliner, really cheap and works very well

JackandDiane Thu 16-Jun-16 22:01:18

i dont like harsh lines either
my suggestion is the best ever ever ever bobbi brown gel eyeliner PEN in violet nights. Its great

JackandDiane Thu 16-Jun-16 22:02:19

pencil www.bobbibrown.co.uk/product/2328/29905/Makeup/Eyes/Eyeliner/Perfectly-Defined-Gel-Eyeliner/New-Shades

Trickymoments Thu 16-Jun-16 22:13:52

Jack those colour options look lovely but does it not smudge or transfer to rest of eyelid? It looks a lot like the Clinique one I'm using at the moment?

rockchick78 Thu 16-Jun-16 22:14:20

Another vote for Avon Glimmersticks! I had the same problem...

bluebump Thu 16-Jun-16 22:19:03

I just bought this nyx one, I am totally cack handed when it comes to eyeliner but this is so easy to use and doesn't mark my upper lid at all which is rare.

Tate15 Thu 16-Jun-16 22:21:18

I use an eyebrow pencil.

Gusthetheatrecat Thu 16-Jun-16 22:21:27

Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner smudges on me. Gutting as I LOVE it.
I have just bought a Kiko felt pen thing. I was sceptical, because I don't like felt pen eyeliners much compared to gel. But the Kiko one doesn't smudge at ALL. And it has such a long, tapered tip that it's possible to get a very nice, fine 'daytime friendly' line, as well as doing a full-on cat-eyes look. Am going to check out some of the other recommendations on this thread, though!

JackandDiane Thu 16-Jun-16 22:22:51

the GEL PENCIL

JackandDiane Thu 16-Jun-16 22:23:29

plus prep eyelid well with powder or shadow

puglife15 Fri 17-Jun-16 09:28:43

Estee Lauder double wear, they do a lovely slightly shimmery brown, once it's dry which takes a few seconds doesn't move.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now