Foundation - time for a change?

(7 Posts)
IsItGinTimeYet Wed 15-Jun-16 23:37:23

I have been using EL double wear for a few years now but I feel I am looking too 'made up' yet I need something with good coverage and staying power. Any ideas?

I am super pale, my current shade is 'shell'.

Indecisivejo Thu 16-Jun-16 08:48:47

Try no7 stay perfect in calico, cool vanilla or cool Ivory. All pale shades

ellequick Thu 16-Jun-16 10:50:42

Have you tried any mineral powder foundations? I love them and find them really good as you can build up coverage as much as you like really.

I used to wear Double Wear but switched for the same reason as you. I'm also super pale, the Pur minerals ones are great.

Whosthemummy16 Thu 16-Jun-16 10:57:35

I would go to your local department store and ask for samples of different brands.
I have tried lots of foundations recommended by others with similar skin to mine but they haven't always suited me 😔
I love Giorgio Armarni luminous silk currently.

Toxicity Thu 16-Jun-16 11:36:29

I love EL doublewear but don't wear it every day, when I feel like something a bit more natural I love Make Up Forever HD foundation, its good coverage but is definitely feels lighter to wear.

VanillaLatteAndCake Thu 16-Jun-16 11:44:08

There's a Double Wear Light which is good. Has the same staying power as the normal Double Wear but coverage isn't as full. I also find it less drying on my skin.

Lenazabaglione Thu 16-Jun-16 15:09:03

I use Double Wear in Shell. I love it for a night out or when I want to look more polished. It is a bit heavy for the day though, particularly in the summer. I'm switching between Lancome Teint Idole Ultra and YSL Fusion Ink for the day right now, but hanging on to my Double Wear for evenings out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now