Skin Problema

(6 Posts)
Handbag101 Wed 15-Jun-16 12:18:47

Hi girls.
Quite new to MN so please bear with me.

A couple of weeks ago my face began burning, was itchy and sore and broke out in quite a few painful spots. My face is burning and bright red. It's really getting me down. I used to have lovely clear skin. Not sure what happening - I'm 42!!!

I've been to my GP and have been referred to a dermatologist - it's a private GP - so I'm really lucky I know. My appointment is in two weeks. My GP doesn't know what it is - acne, reaction, who knows!!

Anything else I can do in the meantime. I've got a face wash and some cream to put on but I think it's making it worse. It's so painful.

Would you girls just live in pain for another couple of weeks and let the dermo see it at its worst?

It's awful. I completely sympathise with people who suffer with their skin sad X

Nabootique Wed 15-Jun-16 13:03:05

Oh you poor thing! I would definitely ditch the face wash. That's not going to be too good if you are sensitive. To be honest (and I say this as a cleansing addict) I would try to just cleanse with water until you know what's causing it, or do an oil cleanse with olive or almond oil. No fragrance. What is the cream you are putting on?

Handbag101 Wed 15-Jun-16 13:18:08

Hello.

It's a hydrocortisone cream and some very plain facewash - some kind of emollient cream. No GP seems to know what the problem is.

That is what I think I'm going to do - cleanse with the water. They did offer me antibiotics but I'm not keen. If the dermo says to take them then I'll take them - hate taking those bloody awful things!!
x

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Wed 15-Jun-16 16:09:56

Antibiotics aren't bloody awful things!

I'd take them. I have recently been diagnosed with rosacea and while not painful, I'm so self conscious. I'm currently using a cream which makes my skin itch I hate it. It is working though.

Have you tried antihistamines? Sometimes allergic reactions can be like that.

sneepy Wed 15-Jun-16 19:08:20

Have you changed any of your hair products or your laundry soap lately? If so that could be the issue.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 15-Jun-16 19:13:29

What's the face wash?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now