Matalan sizing

(11 Posts)
absolutelynotfabulous Wed 15-Jun-16 09:45:28

Bern shopping for some basics in Matalan. I thought I was a 12 but I've had to buy a 14sad in both a drapey mac and relaxed fit trousers.

I've had the same problem with Matalan tops in the past.

Are the clothes coming up small? Please say yes.....

DreamCloud99 Wed 15-Jun-16 09:48:52

YES!

I tried on some clothes in there and I was two sizes bigger than I usually buy confused

absolutelynotfabulous Wed 15-Jun-16 10:36:18

Phew!! Thanks. Thought it was just me. smile

Mrs9C Wed 15-Jun-16 11:43:11

Last top I bought there I sized up too. But normal size in trousers/jeans.

JemimaMuddledUp Wed 15-Jun-16 14:32:52

I had to buy a size 16 dress to for my boobs in. But I'm currently wearing size 12 trousers from there - same season, same store.

Their clothes tend not to be the same shape as me.

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Wed 15-Jun-16 14:39:38

Yes they have stuck to traditional sizing and by today's vanity sizing standards are small. I need to buy a size up in there too.

EmmaWoodlouse Wed 15-Jun-16 16:38:40

Hmm, I take size 18 in most shops and I seem to take size 18 in Matalan too (although admittedly I've only bought a few items in there as there isn't one in my town). Maybe the sizing gets more generous as you go up!

absolutelynotfabulous Wed 15-Jun-16 17:54:35

Bizarrely, the long vest is an 8 and it's not even tight...

MiaowTheCat Wed 15-Jun-16 18:14:26

I bought some stuff from Asos recently - bought the size I normally buy at Matalan (I've got a fair bit of their Rogers+Rogers stuff... although I wish the original brand of that was still going sad ) and it's flipping humongous on me! I always have to size right up in Matalan stuff.

Toffeelatteplease Wed 15-Jun-16 19:14:39

I'm struggling with sizing atm cos I've lost a lot of weight. I didn't find them small but the dresses I tried had no waist. Literally straight up and down. They looked truly bizarre

absolutelynotfabulous Thu 16-Jun-16 07:32:14

Well I'm glad it's not just me. I steer away from tops because I find them really weird on. I thought it was just my weird bodysmile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now