detox tea

(7 Posts)
ladedah Tue 14-Jun-16 22:11:01

I've been eating badly recently, well mainly a healthy diet but lots of rubbish on top! I'm underweight somehow but get uncomfortably bloated a lot and my stomach is not toned. I am planning a health kick starting next weekend (after a trip away). I've ordered some Skinny Mint tea after looking into the others available - fit tea, bootea etc. Has anyone tried any of these and had good results? obviously need to eat well, exercise and drink lots of water alongside the teas.

MildlyattractiveBetty Wed 15-Jun-16 03:55:01

Acidophilus and cutting out the processed crap would be a better idea.

Detox teas are full of laxatives that irritate your digestive system.

SweetPeaPods Wed 15-Jun-16 03:56:56

My sister swears by bootea. She cuts out or reduces alcohol, coffee and eats well at same time so that could be why she sees an effect but she loves them

HahahahaFuckYou Wed 15-Jun-16 04:18:51

It's a load of bs. Basically laxative tea.

CaoNiMao Wed 15-Jun-16 08:18:45

Just drink regular green tea or Chinese pu'er tea - both have detoxifying properties. The taste isn't for everyone (especially pu'er) but you get used to it grin

Annarose2014 Wed 15-Jun-16 08:22:43

I take Pu Ehr tea every morning but only cos I'm pregnant and need to keep things....moving. blush

It's definitely a laxative tea. Doubt it has any other health benefits whatsoever and there's no point taking it if you're regular.

Annarose2014 Wed 15-Jun-16 08:24:07

BTW I have to combine it with a regular tea bag to disguise the taste as on its own it's RANK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now