Hair straighteners - wide plates

(5 Posts)
Cb148 Tue 14-Jun-16 13:09:23

I'm looking at treating myself to some of the wide plated ghd's. My cheap babyliss ones are on the way out but I'm not working at the moment with 2 young children. they're over £100, and that's a lot of money to me! BUT the reviews are really good.

I do have thick hair so I think buying the wide plated ones might make things easier and quicker for me when I'm trying to make myself look half way presentable.

Before i fork out for the expensibe ones has anyone bought any really good wide plated straighteners in a brand other than ghd & really recommend them?

Smurfingreat Tue 14-Jun-16 13:29:54

I've got these, Remington S5525 Pro Straight Extra Wide Plates Straightener, as I couldn't bring myself to fork out for the GHDs. They are £30 on Amazon at the moment.

I have long, thick stubbornly wavy/curly hair and they do a great job, although as I've never owned a pair of GHDs I can't really compare.

Cb148 Tue 14-Jun-16 13:42:15

They sound promising, thanks! Will take a look at them!

MustBeThin Tue 14-Jun-16 19:40:38

I used to have GHD but I don't think the quality is the same, my last pair were rubbish. I have Cloud9 wide plates now and they are brilliant.

CakeThat Tue 14-Jun-16 22:43:35

I've recently bought some Cloud 9 wide plates- my hair is very thick. I was disappointed because they don't actually seem that much wider than standard straighteners - my old Remmingtons are much wider. Also they don't really seem to do anything particularly amazing ( apart from being good with kinks near the scalp). They're alright - but just alright. I was expecting to be blown away at that price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now