Best high street foundation for good coverage?

(19 Posts)
FloatyFlo Tue 14-Jun-16 12:32:25

I'm looking for a good foundation that gives really good coverage! Small budget and only have a small boots near me so looking at brands like rimmel , maybelline, max factor etc .

What do you recommend? Ta!

ApocalypseNowt Tue 14-Jun-16 12:33:54

Watching with interest. I still haven't found a decent foundation that I rely on....like OP my budget is limited!

LuckySantangelo1 Tue 14-Jun-16 12:42:02

Max factor lasting finish is quite good.

Absolutelynothingelse Tue 14-Jun-16 12:47:23

Vichy dermablend

Nabootique Tue 14-Jun-16 13:47:52

Oh, Vichy Dermablend is amazing. I always forget about it because I use it as concealer (Lisa Eldridge video showed me that). If you want something cheaper the Collection Lasting Perfection is excellent, especially for the price. Probably not the best if you are on the dry side, but normal to oily it is brilliant stuff.

absolutelynotfabulous Tue 14-Jun-16 13:53:10

Another vote for the cheaper Vichy. Fab even on my ancient skin.

Slightly off-piste, but Collection 2000 powder is bloody marvellous at about £2.

FloatyFlo Tue 14-Jun-16 14:53:47

Not sure they stock Vichy. Will have a look!
I do have some dry patches so sounds like the collection perfection won't be any good.

Oh to have oily dewy skin!!

absolutelynotfabulous Tue 14-Jun-16 15:43:45

I got my Vichy in Boots.

absolutelynotfabulous Tue 14-Jun-16 15:45:05

Doesn't Maybelline do that rather nice mousse-y foundation?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 14-Jun-16 16:18:09

Revlon colour stay

Max Factor miracle illusion

WindPowerRanger Tue 14-Jun-16 16:19:38

You could order from boots.com and pick it up from your local shop, in which case you would have a much much bigger selection.

I like Smashbox. Everything I've ever bought from that brand is excellent.

FloatyFlo Tue 14-Jun-16 18:24:17

I've tried the maybelline matte mouse before absolutelynotfab and it was horrendous on my skin. Really flaky and patchy even with good primer.

I didn't think about ordering in before I went shopping! Never mind, I've bought the max factor lasting performance foundation. I'll see how it goes!

absolutelynotfabulous Tue 14-Jun-16 20:02:48

Good luck with that!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 14-Jun-16 20:07:39

I always find whatever the foundation, it looks miles better if I exfoliate first then leave moisturiser to sink in for a few minutes so you're working with as smooth a base as possible. BB or CC creams might suit you better if you're after a dewy look but slightly less coverage and then a bit of concealer just where you need it.

FloatyFlo Tue 14-Jun-16 23:08:26

bit of concealer just where you need it.

That'll be everywhere then grin

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 14-Jun-16 23:12:11

Whoops, just noticed you did mention good coverage about three times in your first post blush. Just ignore me!

Ladybird08 Tue 14-Jun-16 23:14:07

Revlon colorstay

OldMrsBrightside Tue 14-Jun-16 23:20:02

I bought Boujois foundation at Boots last weekend. Tenner. Really good. And 3 for 2 on all their make-up & free pair of lovely sunglasses with case when you buy 3 (for 2) items.
No, I don't work for Boots grin

TWOBANANAS Wed 15-Jun-16 08:28:38

L'oreal Infallible! It's the business!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now