How would you style this Vivienne Westwood Dress for a wedding?

(16 Posts)
KateLivesInEngland Tue 14-Jun-16 11:28:01

I have ordered this dress, in this blue colour. I am slim with small/medium boob sized so I'm hoping my boobs won't be chin height (will add some examples of Celebs in this dress in a min)
A lot of what I have seen in regards to this dress have been very dramatic and a bit harsh looking and I'm aiming to be less harsh IYSWIM. I've wanted this dress forever so I'm hoping I don't look a plonker in it!

Or should I send it back and not go down this route?

OlennasWimple Tue 14-Jun-16 11:29:52

It's very brave for a day time wedding...

You would need to keep it simple: flats (sandals maybe), a cuff bracelet and a clutch bag. I'd go with silver

apatheticfallacy Tue 14-Jun-16 11:31:28

It looks lovely, but how does it stay up?

PrimalLass Tue 14-Jun-16 11:32:35

I wouldn't tbh. It's a bit bare.

KateLivesInEngland Tue 14-Jun-16 11:33:28

It's corseted.

You can have the shoulders up like this.

Somerville Tue 14-Jun-16 11:33:58

Assuming it's an evening reception after a civil ceremony somewhere really swanky then you'll look amazing.

So send it back if it's a church wedding with an afternoon reception in a marquee and everyone else in hats and floral tea dresses

KateLivesInEngland Tue 14-Jun-16 11:35:49

I'm hoping for the second look, tbh.
I think with my boob size, it'll be more like the second! I'm no pammy or Christina!

FrankUnderwoodsWife Tue 14-Jun-16 11:37:35

I love this dress!
For a wedding I'd wear it with some fabulous earrings and a cuff around my wrist.
Hair up if it's long, and some high Roman sandle style heels on your feet.
You can only use a clutch with this dress as a shoulder bag would ruin the look.
If you're concerned about bare shoulders in the church, maybe just throw a brightly coloured cardigan over your shoulders, which you can discard for the reception. Zara are doing some great ones at the moment

PrimalLass Tue 14-Jun-16 11:39:18

Shoulders up is fine for a wedding (but not boobs out!)

KateLivesInEngland Tue 14-Jun-16 11:58:39

Yeah, I'm thinking that if it makes my boobs look like I'm smuggling the mitchell brothers - I'll have to give it a swerve! The christina hendricks/pammy photos are what I DON'T want to look like!

If I wear it, it'll most definitely be shoulders up. Although I have seen it worn with one up, one down which looks quite nice! i'll have to see what it looks like - its coming by express delivery so hopefully soon!

What colour accesories though? my first thought was bright pink to contrast the navy.

ThatsMyStapler Tue 14-Jun-16 12:04:19

thats a really lovely dress, how much was it?

Featherstep Tue 14-Jun-16 13:58:08

I LOVE this dress!! Stunning. Christina hendricks looks terrible in it though, that is some extreme boobage.

I would also pair with lovely earrings and a clutch. A bangle/cuff is good but I dont do them. Colour wise I would think green- jade or jewel green, fuchsia, silver gold or bronze. Or patent/ satin black. I'm a fairly safe dresser though.

Costacoffeeplease Tue 14-Jun-16 14:18:49

Christina Hendricks looks like she's tucked the hem into the top of a pop sock shock

puglife15 Tue 14-Jun-16 14:19:35

I don't think I'd do pink, I think it could make it a bit 80s. I think a neutral would be classier and would let the dress do the talking. I have a dress this colour and wear it with pale matte gold courts, patent grey courts with silver heel, tan strappysandals or some jewelled peep toes. I also add smallish chandelier/drop earrings, a simple gold cuff or bangle and hair in loose waves up or down. Bag wise I have either a dark teal vintage snakeskin clutch or a dark fuchsia suede clutch.

Dachshund Tue 14-Jun-16 14:21:42

I think that looks fabulous and since you sound petite of body and boob it will look lovely and in no way ott.

I'm looking for my own wedding dress at the moment and I'm tempted to get that tbh!

KateLivesInEngland Tue 14-Jun-16 14:35:38

Thanks for the ideas! I'm lazing about now, googling and searching like a good un!
Going shopping early next week so I'm trying to pre-arm myself with info on where to shop.
I actually got it from Vestiaire Collective so I don't think it's returnable (unless misrepresented) but I got it at a really good price for a VW red label, £160.
There's one or two on eBay but they aren't the right size and are over £200 anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now