Saltwater sandals, comfy or hard?

(9 Posts)
Fuzzypeggy Sun 12-Jun-16 17:41:13

I read great things about these, but saw some in the flesh in office, didn't try them on as was in a rush but felt them and the sole seemed hard as rock with no real cushioning at all in the heel area. I didn't buy them as I couldn't see how they wouldn't jar when walking in them as they were so hard. Am I wrong?

WhiteHairReally Sun 12-Jun-16 17:45:04

Comfy on top, round my wide feet but the soles offer little protection from rough surfaces underfoot, like uneven Tarmac, cobbles and gravel.
They make me smile though because they look like children's sandals circa 1972.

Fuzzypeggy Sun 12-Jun-16 17:47:18

Thanks, I do like them (know what you mean about the kids sandals) but I don't really want to pay £55 for a pair of sandals that have no cushioning and To feel every lump and bump on the payment.

butteroneverything Sun 12-Jun-16 17:53:27

I love the look of mine, and they are very comfy in terms of not rubbing etc. But - they are pretty thin, totally uncushioned, totally flat soles. I have no problems wearing them day to day, but wouldn't wear them to spend the day on my feet walking long distances on pavement.

pristinechristine Sun 12-Jun-16 19:31:14

Perfectly comfortable for day to day wear. But they don't feel like walking on air like a cushioned sole can and I wouldn't attempt long distances in them.

Lucked Sun 12-Jun-16 19:32:11

Very comfy.

lightgreenglass Sun 12-Jun-16 19:33:00

I have two - one pair are stupidly comfortable and the other not so much. Both the same size but one is huge and the other a perfect fit. I would walk long distances in them.

zen1 Sun 12-Jun-16 19:37:12

I bought these ones a couple of years ago. They just looked so...retro!
There are a bit hard under food, but they do very well if you get caught in the rain.

Fuzzypeggy Sun 12-Jun-16 20:17:55

Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now