Urban Decay Lipsticks - are they good?

(12 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 12-Jun-16 17:14:32

DD has been coveting a Mac lipstick for a while but I saw UD online. The cases look nicer (I'm shallow) and I can get UD in our local Debenhams.
I think she wants a nude shade but there are different textures (matte,sheer,gloss?) Which is better?

And if they're good, I might buy myself the lip primer, smile

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 12-Jun-16 19:16:47

C'mon, someone must buy UD.
I really really don't want to go into Mac, they ignore me and look at me hmm. The UD stand in our local Debenhams has really nice sales staff when I looked there before

And UD are non-animal tested.(on their website)

Any takers ?

MazzleDazzle Sun 12-Jun-16 19:25:18

I've got 3 lipsticks from there and they are great. I go for matt.

I love all of their products! Their eye primers are amazing and their naked eye pallets inspired other brands to copy them.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 12-Jun-16 19:37:52

Thank You smile

DD was coveting the eye make-up too (we both have brown eyes, hers are darker. Her hair is lighter than mine) We could share............

The lipsticks are OK, but I'd say for proper lipsticks (something like Ruby Woo matt red) Mac are better. UD do good glosses and their eyeshadows are outstanding

maggiethemagpie Sun 12-Jun-16 20:24:46

The glosses wear off after about two seconds.

FinalGirl Sun 12-Jun-16 20:27:39

I've not tried Mac to compare but matte UD lipsticks are wonderful. They stay on for ages, aren't drying, and the colours are beautiful. Naked and Liar are great nude shades.

The sheers are not so good. They need reapplying a lot. I wouldn't say the longevity is much better than Revlon lip butters. Again though, they have some lovely shades.

I've not tried the glosses.

MassiveStrumpet Sun 12-Jun-16 20:45:47

I have Liar and Bang. They're the best lipsticks I've ever bought.

StylishDuck Sun 12-Jun-16 21:05:08

I buy my MAC lipsticks on eBay. Wee bit cheaper and you don't have to get dressed leave the house smile

Haven't tried UD lipstick before though, sorry.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 12-Jun-16 21:22:25

Ooh, she likes Backtalk from the online shop but she'll need to do a RL test.
thanks

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 12-Jun-16 21:24:53

Stylish I have bought lipsticks online (NYX) that looked nothing like the colour swatches so I need to get dressed and leave the house grin.

Once we know the colour, yes, we can online order in our PJs .......

BinRaidingRaccoon Sun 12-Jun-16 22:19:12

I love pretty much everything UD make, especially eyeshadow. Unlike MAC, they're also non animal tested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now