Make up brushes

(6 Posts)
StylishDuck Sat 11-Jun-16 15:50:34

Can anyone recommend a good set of make up brushes? I don't need a huge set, probably just foundation, concealer, powder, blusher and a couple of different eyeshadow brushes. I wonder if I might be better buying them individually as most sets seem to have a lot of brushes I'd never use. I don't mind paying a wee bit more for a good set that will last. Preferably as good a bargain as possible though obviously smile

Zoeva are great, real techniques are also not bad and Mac eye brushes are also nice

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 11-Jun-16 16:01:28

My DD has Real Technique - they often have special offers in Boots or Superdrugs but I need to return one of her brushes (from a set of 3) because it has a big loose clump of hairs.

M&S have some new ones "Look Good Feel Better" that are on special offer at the moment.

I have a motley assortment of Body Shop, Barbara Daly, Real Technique, Boots. All do the same job (but DD is a 'Brand' fiend)

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 11-Jun-16 16:03:40

Oops, I have M&S Autograph too which are good.

For some unknown reason, the handles of two of the Barbara Daly brushes went sticky. I painted them with clear nail polish to coat them, so now usable, just look a bit meh

Hopefully Sat 11-Jun-16 16:07:19

I really like the Sigma ones. The sets are enormous, I just bought them individually.

StylishDuck Sun 12-Jun-16 11:47:16

Thanks everyone. I'll look into all your suggestions. It's my birthday in a few weeks so this will give DH a much needed idea (I'm difficult to buy for apparently!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now