Royal style at trooping the colour

(36 Posts)
WipsGlitter Sat 11-Jun-16 12:35:43

Eugenie looks lovely she is so very pretty. Bea is a lot better than yesterday when that black and white coat made her look massive.

Sophie looks lovely, she's really found her style. As had Camilla.

Kate... Not sure. Earrings are a bit big, as if she's trying to "fun" or "youth" up her look a bit. It's so very safe. The coat dress she had on yesterday could have been her mums.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3636413/Thousands-gather-outside-Buckingham-Palace-ahead-Trooping-Colour-Queen-s-official-90th-birthday-celebrations-Princess-Charlotte-steal-spotlight.html

WipsGlitter Sat 11-Jun-16 21:11:07

Nobody?

Loved Princess Charlotte. I think dressing George in vintage is a bit iOS but can see why she does it.

emotionsecho Sat 11-Jun-16 21:17:41

I loved what Kate was wearing I thought it looked elegant and classy.

StephenKatz Sat 11-Jun-16 21:20:45

Camilla's outfit was nice, and Bea's really flattered her figure.

The queen was...neon!!!

CaitAgusMadra Sat 11-Jun-16 21:22:11

Didn't like the Queens green coat - lurid confused

Kate looked lovely but boring - how many white coat dresses does she need. It didn't even have the interest of the ruffles on her christening outfit.

Cams, Sophie looked classy and stylish as usual.

KickAssAngel Sat 11-Jun-16 21:30:52

Not sure I liked the queen's color, but it would have looked good from the balcony, especially against the red uniforms near her.

Do you think that Kate kept a straight face the first time she saw William in full dress uniform?

Loved Kate's hat & hair. Her dress coat was pretty bland, but thought that the flower looked lovely.

HorraceTheOtter Sat 11-Jun-16 21:30:56

Hated Kate's hat, her hair - I understand the bun is trying to balance the angle of the hat, but I personally think side buns look awfully tacky, liked the ratings though. Everyone but the queen looked dull really; the queen... Well you certainly couldn't miss her!

WipsGlitter Sat 11-Jun-16 21:31:09

Camilla is my fave! She's really found her style.

HorraceTheOtter Sat 11-Jun-16 21:35:50

Earrings not ratings.

tribpot Sat 11-Jun-16 21:42:19

I'm assuming the senior royal women (except Princess Anne, who was in uniform) must have been told / agreed to wear light neutral colours so that the Queen would stand out more clearly on the balcony given how short she is.

BeautifulMaudOHara Sat 11-Jun-16 21:45:44

I liked the Queen's lime green, it was gorgeous

Kate, hmm, very classic and classy but she's only 30 something fgs

Eugenie and Bea never get it right, they need to hire stylists (or fire the ones they've got)

HoggleHoggle Sat 11-Jun-16 21:50:25

I thought Kate looked beautiful, the hat and hair was lovely. I quite liked the earings blush

I almost recoiled when I saw the queen, hell that was bright, but kudos to her for being 90 and bloody well going for it.

Nettletheelf Sat 11-Jun-16 22:43:43

I feel a bit sorry for Kate, stuffed into those frumpy outfits. Yesterday's Wedgwood inspired coat dress was heinous.

Samantha Cameron looked the biz in that stripy frock yesterday, and she's ten years older than Kate.

Quite liked Queenie's high vis outfit.

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Sun 12-Jun-16 07:59:38

Kate really does have the perfect figure to look elegant - long limbed, long neck, slim and so she always looks classy and elegant. She never really looks stylish though (imo),

I couldn't see any pictures of Beatrice's and Eugenie's outfits full length - rather unfortunate, the one phot of them seated made Beatrice's fascinator look like an enormous orange dog turd.

AngieBolen Sun 12-Jun-16 08:13:12

I did think Kate's earrings were a bit big, but nobody's perfect.

Good on the Queen for going for something so bright! She certainly made the point she's not a little old lady ready for retirement.

I don't understand the comment re George in vintage...he was just wearing traditional smart toddler clothes. I wouldn't expect to see him in GAP clothes at a formal occasion. Although I wasn't to sure about the older boy in the sailor suit - not sure who he was....?

Harry was rocking his beard. Igrin

Luckystar1 Sun 12-Jun-16 08:25:09

I think Kate looked sensational (although I agree the earrings are very 1980s Sloane Ranger).

How do they manage to put clothes on the children (and themselves..!) that don't crease?! That's dress on Charlotte is immaculate.

Heratnumber7 Sun 12-Jun-16 08:34:44

Sailor boy was Edward's son I think. Viscount Severn.
George's outfit was apparently one of William's hand me downs.

kitchenunit Sun 12-Jun-16 08:48:05

I thought they all looked nice, but it's getting very squashy on that balcony.

Maybe review some of the outliers and shove em off. If Harry gets married and has kids it's going to be dangerously overloaded.

I do worry.

WipsGlitter Sun 12-Jun-16 08:48:19

I think they dress them at the very very last minute!!!

As pp says it was apparently an old outfit of Williams. Apparently Kate things it will prevent rushes to dress as the same as him.

kitchenunit Sun 12-Jun-16 08:52:04

I love that old fashioned style on the kids.

Could Charlotte have done with a cardi though? Almost all the adults had long sleeves!

hownottofuckup Sun 12-Jun-16 09:00:18

Agree Bea's hat looked like a big orange dog turd. Those 2 always manage to look like the ugly sisters at panto I think they must do it on purpose.
Kate and Camilla both looked lovely.
Having just looked at the pics if I close my eyes I can still see the Queen. Neon, lime green... love it!
But, the one that really stole the show for me was Harry. swoon

AngieBolen Sun 12-Jun-16 09:04:36

I too was worried about the balcony! I presume it's tested to be structurally sound....can you imagine....? shock

SnakeWitch Sun 12-Jun-16 09:06:48

I liked seeing the Queen so bright, I thought she looked like an exotic flower. Kate looked beautiful, very elegant.

NCVanish Sun 12-Jun-16 09:12:16

I don't understand the Royal uniform of coat dresses. I mean when they go inside somewhere and it's hot, they keep it on? Do they have something else underneath? Guys can take coats and jackets off. It just seems like a weird uniform

NCVanish Sun 12-Jun-16 09:20:01

P.s. I think the queen looked great and I like the 3 royals arriving on horse

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now