Age spots/Liver spots...Anyone found anything that gets rid of them?

(4 Posts)
Buddahbelly Sat 11-Jun-16 12:11:38

Or even fades them slightly. Im now the proud owner of a full forehead of them, when before I had perfect unblemished skin. Ive heard they are brought on by sun damage and stress, last year was the most stressful of my life with a death, dp loosing his job, 2 close relatives both diagnosed with terminal illnesses.

They seem to have appeared around the time all this occurred within 4 months of each other. I currently use shiseido corrective serum but its not doing anything at all.

Have you found anything useful?

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 11-Jun-16 18:48:16

Retin A cream off eBay. Just don't get pg on it, it will cause birth defects.

prettywhiteguitar Sat 11-Jun-16 21:27:27

I had IPL which faded them, I need to do it again but I'm going on holiday somewhere really sunny so I'm going to wait till I come back to do it again. In the meantime I use a dermologica cleanser which has salicylic acid in and spf50 and retin a. Although I laid off the retin a as it's been super sunny here recently.

Buddahbelly Sun 12-Jun-16 10:04:57

Thanks both, I've been reading up about Retin A, but as were currently ttc I've passed on it for now.

I was searching late last night watching laser videos on youtube and turmeric masks, desperate to try anything at the moment. Im lucky in the fact I never had acne when I was a teenager, i fact I got complimented on my skin constantly so this has thrown me a bit. I saw a picture of me this time last year and comparing it to now I've aged about 10 years!

I have none anywhere else, just my forehead and 1 side of my face so my face appears a bit dirty and I'm hating it. Off to look at the dermalogica cream mentioned now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now