Another 'help me accessorise this dress for a wedding' question

(5 Posts)
dogdaydisaster Thu 09-Jun-16 11:04:26

Chuckling at the Phase Eight thread, as I have bought this dress for a couple of weddings this summer. I'm not the MOBgrin

It's a dark navy and so I wondered if it needed brightening up? I have a red bag and fascinator already, although not sure about wearing fascinator with that style dress. My red shoes are too casual espadrille style)so I as thinking navy heels? But navy heels and red bag?
Or do I go all navy/white?
I have dark brown hair and am fairly pale.

One of the weddings is in Ireland so can be super smart as they go to town for weddings. The other is a more low key affair with a barn dance after a fairly formal church wedding.

I've seen brilliant ideas here before so am hopeful you can help.

dogdaydisaster Thu 09-Jun-16 21:57:25

Anyone?

itstheyearzero Thu 09-Jun-16 22:26:21

Navy shoes and red bag sounds perfect. What are your shoes like? And no, don't bother with the fascinator!

RubbishRobotFromTheDawnOfTime Thu 09-Jun-16 23:00:05

Nice dress. Yes I think navy shoes if you have a red bag. Don't be too matchy. I'm wearing this navy and white dress to a wedding and am wearing red shoes and navy bag.

I don't think you need the fascinator but do you have a photo of it?

dogdaydisaster Fri 10-Jun-16 11:27:44

No don't have a photo, was a cheapy from -China- eBay from last year. I think I'll leave the fascinator (13 yo dd looked at it and rolled her eyes grin) but will think closer to the all-out Irish wedding about whether to wear it or not.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm off shoe shopping as don't have any navy, am hoping for something like in the photo (high, peep toe) but for less that what Phase Eight are asking for those. And maybe something flat for barn dancing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now