Accessorising my wedding dress help please

(13 Posts)
Mizuna Wed 08-Jun-16 13:53:18

I'm wearing this
lace dress
and these
sparkly shoes

I have medium length brown hair that will be pinned up a bit like this, with similar hair slide
updo
My make up will be natural looking as I don't usually wear more than mascara.

Advice I'd like please is what kind of earrings I could wear, should I wear a bracelet or maybe a slim antique metal strap watch, what colour fingernails?

I don't have a colour theme for the wedding or anything like that, haven't decided on colours for a bouquet either though am drawn to orange-red-fuschia end of the spectrum.

dontcallmelen Wed 08-Jun-16 16:51:08

Hi Op my Dd had a similar dress when she got married, she wore her hair up & had some really pretty drop earrings with pearls/diamanté & a very slim braclet with tiny diamanté dotted around it, she wore a slim white gold watch.
Congratulations have a lovely day.

MrsLettuce Wed 08-Jun-16 20:44:18

Soft pink nails would be lovely. Opi have this lovely pink in their summer reto collection - here.

Maybe www.marksandspencer.com/diamant-bouquet-floral-earrings/p/p22435424?prevPage=plp&source=affwindow&extid=af_a_Content_79682_ShopStyle%20UK&comgp=79682&awc=1402_1465414043_5213b928fc5afdee529294a83a69927cthese earrings?

Simple pearls or pearl drops would be the obvious choice though and really very lovely.

I'd be wary of a bracelet / watch catching in the lace. A plain gold bangle would be perfect but their usually either very cheap looking or awfully expensive, unfortunately.

Mizuna Thu 09-Jun-16 12:45:55

Thanks both, pearl earrings could definitely be the way to go.
And good point about a watch catching in the lace - my mum gave me her old charm bracelet and I can't wear that as it catches everything in sight.

PutDownThatLaptop Thu 09-Jun-16 13:01:09

You don't need anything beyond the earrings and pink nails, plus some flowers. The dress and shoes speak for themselves.

Lucked Thu 09-Jun-16 13:12:13

I came into say pear drop diamanté earrings but MrsL's earrings could really work. I personally prefer more natural nails such as Essie ballet slippers but a more solid colour would go with your look.

I wore a borrowed sapphire ring on my right hand (blue and borrowed) but although I bought a bracelet it felt too faffy and I didn't wear it.

Mizuna Thu 09-Jun-16 13:19:37

I was originally thinking hot orange shoes, nails and strong coloured flowers, but those Irregular Choice shoes spoke to me and it had to be them, so that's changed what else works with the dress - as you're saying, pearls, diamante, pink.

Tate15 Thu 09-Jun-16 14:46:41

Can I just say that I love your choice if dress, shoes and hair!

Less is more so keep accessories to a minimum. For lips I recommend Korres lip butter in pomegranate or wild rose as they are sheer and natural looking but give a slightly polished finish which will make your lips look lovely in photos.

Mizuna Thu 09-Jun-16 14:57:12

Thank you Tate smile
This is all making me even happier at the thought of being a bride, something I never thought I'd do.

Vertigo58 Thu 09-Jun-16 15:01:34

Lovely choices...I'd say just earrings would do..something like this maybe;
www.bhldn.com/product/layla-drops-silk-clear

paap1975 Thu 09-Jun-16 15:05:06

Wow, what you have chosen, dress, shoes and hair, is just like what I'd want for myself! Beautiful!!!

DocMcFanjo Thu 09-Jun-16 15:12:48

Love your choices.

For bouquet I'd stick to dusty pinks and vintagey colours a la

www.google.ie/search?q=peony+bouquet&client=safari&hl=en-gb&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjim8fdj5vNAhWpCsAKHS7nBTUQ_AUICCgB&biw=320&bih=372&dpr=2#imgrc=0lFaZXnJ5isW1M%3A

thequeenofsandwich Thu 09-Jun-16 15:17:52

May I just say - I like your style. Lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now