oil free moisturiser with spf - recommendations?

(8 Posts)
ladedah Tue 07-Jun-16 18:27:57

hello, I am mid-30s and have somehow got away with never really using moisturiser 🙊 I know I need to start and especially use one with spf to prevent sun damage, but my skin can get oily throughout the day and any moisturiser I've tried doesn't ever seem to sink in very well. I thought a gel formula or something very light might be good, so does anyone have any recommendations? Ones I've seen so far that looked promising were a simple brand lotion and a superdrug one with grape extract...?

Wolfiefan Tue 07-Jun-16 18:32:19

A moisturiser really won't work as a sun screen.

ledgeoffseason Tue 07-Jun-16 22:36:19

Get hada labo japanese spf50 through Amazon. Like a light gel moisturiser, once on you'd never know its there.

ladedah Tue 07-Jun-16 23:02:25

thanks ledge had a look at the Japanese ones but they seemed more like sunscreen, I think what I need is very light/easily absorbed product which is mostly a moisturiser but also with added spf

TrickyTreeLou Wed 08-Jun-16 13:44:42

www.boots.com/en/Boots-Simply-Sensitive-Day-Moisturiser-SPF15-125ml_1189241/

I also have oily skin and use this. I know the spf isn't high, but I never sit out in midday sun or sunbathe - if I was on holiday I would use something higher, but this suits me for everyday.

MadSprocker Wed 08-Jun-16 20:32:28

I like an Origins one, but costs ££

ophiotaurus Thu 09-Jun-16 18:03:14

I use smashbox camera ready BB cream which is spf 35. It's also tinted though so not sure if that's what you're looking for.

supersonic999 Thu 09-Jun-16 20:34:27

Estée Lauder Daywear oil free spf 25

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now