How to stop the bloat tummy look?

(6 Posts)
Joneseygirl77 Tue 07-Jun-16 16:07:52

Over the past month, my tummy has started to bloat up quite badly. I'm quite slim so it is noticeable and tends to look like I'm in the early stages of pregnancy again! It's very annoying as a lot of my work summer clothes are now uncomfortable and tight. Any tips on how to help with this?

Maisha786 Tue 07-Jun-16 16:56:07

Cut down on carbs and dairy.

wobblywonderwoman Tue 07-Jun-16 17:01:21

i am taking colpermin and fybrogel to see will this help but definitely going to try dairy and carb cutting

Sheezus Tue 07-Jun-16 17:08:09

Carb, dairy and also alcohol. White wine for me.

I noticed last year,having been cutting out the crap before holidays, my stomach seemed to explode over a weekend.
I had gone into holiday mode on the Thursday and had wine. Packing on Friday, had wine. Called to friends on Saturday, had wine. Got on the plane on Sunday looking like I was about 5 months gone!!

Kr1stina Tue 07-Jun-16 17:11:16

If this is unusual for you , you might want to check with your doctor .

Can you relate it to anything that you are eating ? Do you have other symptoms?

Joneseygirl77 Tue 07-Jun-16 21:19:52

Thanks all. I've stopped bread products this week and trying to up my water intake too. It was really bad on Sunday night but we'd been at a wedding on sat so wonder if wine had made it worse. Will try stopping dairy too- not a big dairy eater but will to try anything. Have started taking probiotics too to see if that helps.

It feels so uncomfortable so I'm resigned to wearing elatsicated top skirts for work in this hot weather!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now