Tubing mascara

(10 Posts)
innermuddle Tue 07-Jun-16 12:43:11

Can anyone recommend a good mascara that makes tubes aroun lashes? I have one from boots that I like because it stays put and doesn't flake and irritate my eyes- but it's a very natural look. I want something that volumises and lengthens. Has to be tubing because I wear contacts and hate flaky mascara.

Thanks

botemp Tue 07-Jun-16 12:59:15

Eyeko Rock Out & Lash Out or Sensai 38C volumising are pretty good tubing mascaras for volumising purposes but you can also layer over your existing tubing mascara over a favoured non-tubing volumising mascara to seal it all in, just let the first layer dry a bit before applying the next layer.

sulee Tue 07-Jun-16 15:09:03

I highly recommend Blinc Amplify mascara. Maximise volume and length by applying 2/3 coats quickly. I have the world's shortest/finest lashes and often use it over a lengthening mascara which gives a false lash look which never smudges.

innermuddle Tue 07-Jun-16 15:21:07

Good top Botemp, thank you. I hadn't thought of layering.

Sulee, i have never heard of Blinc. Can I buy it in boots or is it an online brand?

FrustratedFrugal Tue 07-Jun-16 15:30:56

Botemp I have Sensai 38C. It is good for volumizing but I find it pretty hard to remove. Have you found a trick to get it off easily or can you recommend a tubing mascara that is easier to remove?

botemp Tue 07-Jun-16 18:22:27

Frugal I usually take a warm flannel and just rest it on the eye area for a good 30s to a minute (I tend to count as it's much longer than you think), then wiggle it down to get the majority off or loosened then follow with oil cleanser and follow with a qtip to catch any errant bits.That usually does the job for me but I often have a different layer of mascara underneath so that might be the difference?

FrustratedFrugal Tue 07-Jun-16 18:53:32

Thanks botemp! This confirms that I'm just a bit impatient. The great thing is that it never budges when I wear it.

botemp Tue 07-Jun-16 18:59:44

Yeah it is good at that despite the necessity for patience at the end of the day, the Eyeko one comes off in seconds and if I'm lazy just the oil cleanser will do and that does stay put really well too, though I've never tested it through tropic humid heat or anything like that. I've been meaning to try the Isehan Heroine ones from Japan which also are unbudgeable tubers but that kind of scares me too...

Kennington Tue 07-Jun-16 20:19:34

Put your no7 one on top of any mascara and it will tube over and look really thick too!

Acornantics Tue 07-Jun-16 21:23:36

I love this, it's brilliant and doesn't shift at all, unless washed with warm water. m.clinique.co.uk/product/12537/5320/Makeup/Makeup-Best-Sellers/Lash-Power-Mascara-Long-Wearing-Formula

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now