skincare experts over here!!!

(5 Posts)
daydreamnation Tue 07-Jun-16 11:23:43

Can anyone recommend me a decent but cheap alternative to Liz Earle's boost skin tonic? Are all toners basically the same?! I'm 44, combination skin, prone to the odd spot and generally feeling a bit old and craggy looking these days grin

Nabootique Tue 07-Jun-16 12:02:48

They're not all the same. Decent, cheaper hydrating toners are easier to find than acid ones. Anything with aloe and glycerin would work really, as an alternative. The Body Shop do a calming aloe one, which is 250ml for £10.

daydreamnation Tue 07-Jun-16 12:10:16

Thanks, on a really tight budget for just a month, so body shop out of the question sadly but will keep your advice about aloe and glycerin in mind, thank-you!

Nabootique Tue 07-Jun-16 12:20:43

£1.50 wink www.boots.com/en/Boots-Essentials-Fragrance-Free-Facial-Toner-150ml_982453/

It doesn't have the aloe, but it does have a little oil, glycerin and no alcohol. If you prefer a spray just decant it.

daydreamnation Tue 07-Jun-16 19:13:48

I went for the glycerin and rosewater from boots traditional range in the end, if it's ok compared to the liz earle one, it's a big saving! Thanks againsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now