daily moisturiser with spf

(19 Posts)
tellyjots Tue 07-Jun-16 07:25:07

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for something that is more like a daily moisturiser rather than a holiday type spf iyswim?

namechangeparents Tue 07-Jun-16 07:29:25

Amie make a good one which is quite cost effective. It kind of depends what you want it for (eg just for walking around the shops or going for a run) and if you like chemical or physical sunscreens. I find I get sore eyes with the chemical ones.

Some manufacturers won't make them, they say a moisturiser with an SPF isn't sufficient but who wears sunscreen to go to work and then reapplies it? Better to have at least something on your face for the journey in.

namechangeparents Tue 07-Jun-16 07:30:46

Except that the Amie one seems to have been discontinued! I''ve also used Clinique city block in the past.

BananaL0af Tue 07-Jun-16 08:13:41

I like Estee Lauder Daywear, I think it's SPF25.

Others I have tried are Origins (they have several kinds) and Kiehls, but I found the Kiehls one a little thin.

MrsBosh Tue 07-Jun-16 08:20:36

I've got Avene Optimale Hydrating Legere with SPF (they also do it without). Mine was from Boots. I've not tested it in the height of summer but so far, so good! Not sticky and looks OK under makeup.

Absolutelynothingelse Tue 07-Jun-16 09:29:08

As soon as its summer and the sun pops out I only use a facial SPF over my serum and only use moisturiser for the evenings.
I am currently using Lancaster velvet touch cream SPF for face and I love it because it's working as a great primer for my CC cream which also has SPF.

Absolutelynothingelse Tue 07-Jun-16 09:32:07

I have decided to be very strict with my skin this summer and will stay out of direct sun as much as possible and wear SPF everyday to combat wrinkles and stop any mild rosacea getting worse as my skin seems to be very sensitive of late plus due to the use of acid toners in my routine it makes sense not to undo all my hard work.

MsBojangles Tue 07-Jun-16 11:23:30

I like this one by Avon for everyday use. SPF 50 and a pleasant light formula.

tellyjots Wed 08-Jun-16 06:12:46

Thank you all smile

1moreglassplease Wed 08-Jun-16 13:45:11

If you don't want to spend a fortune try Boots Time Delay range with SPF30.

Dancergirl Wed 08-Jun-16 13:49:14

I might try the Avon one, does it absorb well jangles or does it look greasy?

MsBojangles Wed 08-Jun-16 13:53:41

Absorbs well, feels like a light moisturiser. Good base for make up.

GreyTS Wed 08-Jun-16 13:57:24

I use the cliniique city block spf40, make up goes on well over it

notthestereotype1 Wed 08-Jun-16 14:01:38

Hmm, I read the amount of chemicals they have to use in an SPF over 30, can actually counteract the benefits of the SPF, especially if you have sensitive skin. Think this was Lisa Eldridge.

I couldn't find the boots time delay one. Could only see it in SPF 15.

Dancergirl Wed 08-Jun-16 14:01:57

Has anyone tried anything by Clarins?

ElspethFlashman Wed 08-Jun-16 14:04:10

There's an Olay complete care one with spf 30 which is one of the cheapest products Olay do (and is often on offer in supermarkets).

I wear it basically September to May. But then I switch to just moisturising serum + sunscreen.

maddiesparks Wed 08-Jun-16 18:18:38

I use Clinique city block which is SPF 40 and can also double up as a primer. It's not greasy and doesn't make your eyes sting like some high SPF crams do.

notthestereotype1 Wed 08-Jun-16 20:32:19

Is the city block a moisturiser too?

maddiesparks Wed 08-Jun-16 20:53:40

Yes it is a daily moisturiser

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now