Smart black trousers for work that aren't uncomfortably warm in hot weather.

(5 Posts)
WideWoman Mon 06-Jun-16 16:58:50

I have to wear black trousers for work. The ones I have are (I thought) quite thin, but I am absolutely sweltering in them now the weather is getting warmer.

Can anyone recommend anything that is likely to be more comfortable? Maybe something with some natural fibres in. I was thinking maybe linen, but I think it will end up looking baggy and saggy quite quickly.

They have to look smart with flat shoes, I can't wear heels for work. I don't have a huge budget - up to £40 ish maybe.

Fluffyears Mon 06-Jun-16 18:26:00

What about some black linen ones. I got a great pair from primark a few years back but a lot of shops will have them.

Kennington Mon 06-Jun-16 18:28:48

M and s cotton 7/8ths are great and are a good summer black - about 25 quid

Ineedmorelemonpledge Tue 07-Jun-16 12:24:44

Zara basics had some lovely ones, kind of crepe fabric but light, elasticated waist and with a nice Gold finished Front tie detail.

I bought in Navy, beige and black so I don't have to think about it for the next 5 months. blush

SapphireStrange Tue 07-Jun-16 12:32:03

I have these in another colour and I'm really liking them.

They're cotton with a bit of stretch, so they stay fitted, but they're nice and cool and comfortable to wear.

Slightly over your budget, but keep an eye on the site –they keep putting different colours in the sale, plus Gap seems to be having a money-off event just about every day at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now