anyone able to help with bra measurements?

(6 Posts)
duckyisback Mon 06-Jun-16 10:46:25

I have no idea what size bra I am and never have time to get anywhere to get measured. I usually wear a 36b but my boobs usually look too squashed, then I have tried a 34 and 36c but these seem too baggy. 34 seems a bit snug but 36 seems very loose.

Will someone help me make my (small) boobs more comfortable please.

I have read on here a lot about people telling people to measure themselves.

Can anyone tell me how to accurately do this?

And how to work out the size based on measurements?

dementedpixie Mon 06-Jun-16 10:50:02

thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.co.uk/p/fitting-advice.html?m=1

ahalfchipshalfricemum Mon 06-Jun-16 10:57:16

I would go to Debenhams for a fitting if I were you OP. By the time you have faffed about measuring yourself and finding a bra that fits, they would have told you an accurate size in half the time.

I think bra fitting has changed alot - these days it seems to be based on how you look in a bra (boob shape has as much to do with it as size). When I was measured last year on traditional measurements I was an uncomfortable 36C. Debenhams measured me a 32F! I didn't quite believe their measurements so went to Bravissimo for a second opinion and they backed it up. I used to hate bra shopping - now I love it!

duckyisback Mon 06-Jun-16 14:30:10

Thanks both.

I don't think there is a debenhams anywhere near me.

There is an m&s but I have heard bad things about them. They also do it at Ann summers but I'm unsure how reliable they will be either.

Any other shops (that I could think would do fittings) I would have to brave going 45 mins into town and j haven't had the time sad

duckyisback Mon 06-Jun-16 14:43:54

Panic over! I have located a closer debenhams so will go this week!

I also tried measuring myself and seem to have gone from a 34/36 b/c to a 30 F. I don't think that's right to be honest grin

dementedpixie Mon 06-Jun-16 14:47:52

It's probably about right as a lot of places add an extra 4 inches to the back measurement whereas you are supposed to use the actual measurement

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now