Help! Hair dye too dark & using ColourB4 on grey hair?

(9 Posts)
BusStopBetty Sun 05-Jun-16 21:44:04

Fucksake, have bloody missed some of the roots and it's far, far too dark anyway. I knew I shouldn't have bought something different. I have some root touch up stuff in the cupboard so can slap a bit of that on in the morning at least.

I can last it out until the weekend then use colourb4 to strip it, but what do I do with the grey, , ginger, patchy mess I'll be left with? Will a very temporary colour actually cover the grey? Or at least some of the grey? I am very, very grey at the front.

I'm not going to be able to get to a proper hairdresser for at least a few weeks so that's not an option. Bumfuckery.

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 05-Jun-16 22:19:31

I used a thing called Decolour Stripper, which is like a combo of colour remover (same as Colour B4) and bleach bath when mine went too dark. You can dye over it immediately. It worked brilliantly, and I just whacked a permanent colour straight on top. My ends were pretty dry and wrecked, so I had it trimmed that same week. How long is your hair? If it's long you might need two of the stripper. I tipped the stripper into a soup bowl and mixed it in there, then just applied it with my hands using latex gloves. (I bought gloves in the pharmacy bit in Boots rather than use the ones that came with it.)

BusStopBetty Sun 05-Jun-16 23:01:47

Hair is shoulder length. I'm a bit nervous about the bleach aspect, but I'll read up online about it. Thank you.

BusStopBetty Mon 06-Jun-16 09:00:33

Anyone else used it on very grey hair? I think the bleach version might be a step too far this time round.

slinkysaluki Mon 06-Jun-16 14:46:37

The colour b4 stuff is good, bit long-winded but works. You can get it in home bargains for 5 quid. It's called Jobaz colour remover. Only thing to be aware if it that if you want to recolour straight away you need a level one colour like nice and easy one . If you use a permanent or a demi permanent the hair will grab it and it will oxidise and go very dark.

BusStopBetty Mon 06-Jun-16 17:15:31

Thanks! I'll try home bargains tomorrow.

Can anyone help with the level one colour? Will it do anything for my grey?

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Mon 06-Jun-16 17:36:27

Go for an ash colour to counteract the ginger hue. Dark ash blonde age defy Nice n Easy will give a light brown and covers grey. Ignore the picture on the box, it won't come out that colour.
The colour remover stinks to high heaven and I can't emphasise enough the need to rinse it out thoroughly. You need to have your head under the shower for half an hour.

Isthatwhatdemonsdo Mon 06-Jun-16 17:38:26

As said above use Decolour stripper. Ypu can then use a permanent colour straight away to cover the grey.

slinkysaluki Mon 06-Jun-16 22:13:26

Nice and easy level one 6 to 8 shampoos the colour lasts for. Sounds like the Decolour one is different from the Jobaz one if you can use a permanent colour straight away, def on the Jobaz instructions it advises not to use permanent as the colour oxidises.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now