Trainer socks to wear with Converse

(13 Posts)
skippy67 Sun 05-Jun-16 11:06:46

Can someone please recommend socks to wear with converse trainers that won't show at all? I got some in Primark, but they show slightly around the heel.

mogloveseggs Sun 05-Jun-16 11:08:41

I got some from our local market on the underwear stall. There might be somewhere similar near you, or try a pound shop maybe?

BusStopBetty Sun 05-Jun-16 11:17:23

Did you get the proper trainer socks or the little shoe liners that are the shape of a slip on pump shoe? The latter can't usually be seen.

fieldfare Sun 05-Jun-16 11:17:45

You can get branded converse socks on Amazon. They fit well, don't slip down and aren't visible.

EatShitDerek Sun 05-Jun-16 11:26:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Maplessglobe Sun 05-Jun-16 11:31:43

Yes as field says, the branded converse ones are good - there's 2 types. The slightly bigger ones are better IME as they don't wriggle off. Thanks to a previous thread on here I found some at tk maxx- they were v cheap and the only thing I've found for wearing with trainers when I don't want socks to show. I don't own converse trainers but I wear these socks with my favourite Nike and Superga.

autocorrect kept changing 'socks' to 'dicks' in the above... hmm

EatShitDerek Sun 05-Jun-16 11:33:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

skippy67 Sun 05-Jun-16 11:42:02

Thanks everyone.

the branded converse ones are very good, i got loads in america to go with my cons. primark shoe liners are also good for a lighter under foot layer

SapphireStrange Sun 05-Jun-16 13:59:59

TK Maxx have varying brands of invisible socks. Some are heavy on nylon etc, but I've got some good cotton ones (Pringle, Calvin Klein and a couple of labels I don't know).

I've got quite big feet so can use the men's department as well; if you're about a 6 or above I'd try that.

Oldraver Sun 05-Jun-16 18:52:16

I bought these Pringle ones. They show slightly but I dont mind that (the colour matches my Supaga)

My Mum gave me some Pringle trainer socks years ago and they have worn so well I was after another set and came across these

Owlytellsmesecrets Sun 05-Jun-16 19:27:30

Look for converse for chucks... They are brill!

Fluffyears Mon 06-Jun-16 18:33:13

I got 'no show' socks from primark and sainsburys.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now