Summer wedding guest outfit for chubby mum and adorable 9 month old on a budget - help me please?!

(6 Posts)
ProseccoPoppy Sat 04-Jun-16 13:24:52

We're going to a wedding in July. The groom is one of DH's best friends. They have kindly invited us as a whole family so DH, me and DD who will be 9 mo. First wedding we're going to as a family and tbh I'm pretty excited, they're a nice couple and it should be a lovely day. Gift sorted. Hotel booked, we've been away with DD before so fine with travel cot etc. All good. The only thing I need to sort out is what I am going to wear (DH has a suitable suit so he's fine, may just buy a tie to match me and DD).

I'm quite a bit bigger than I was before I had DD (I'm relaxed about this, the weight is coming off slowly but steadily and I don't want to crash diet as I'm breastfeeding/expressing and don't want to muck up supply) but not sure where to start and really really stuck so thought maybe you lovely people could help please?

So... The stats and wish list:

- size 14, about 5ft 1, stomach a bit wreaked thanks to very big baby and EMCS
- currently bra size 36F or FF (depending on how long since last feed and bra style) I therefore need to be able to wear a proper bra, strapless is a no go for me!
- formal Catholic Church wedding so I don't want anything too revealing and either a dress with sleeves or a jacket/nice cardi would be good
- A hat would be good - obviously not compulsory but the bride would like people to wear them and I am happy to.
- open to most colours but don't suit orange. Patterns and florals are fine.

Please help me lovely musnetters!

Thanks in advance!

therootoftheroot Sat 04-Jun-16 13:25:56

budget?

therootoftheroot Sat 04-Jun-16 13:27:59

this is lovely
www.bravissimo.com/pepperberry/products/dresses/occasion-and-party-dresses/cherry-blossom-prom-dress/cherry-red/pd562cyr/?level=1

ProseccoPoppy Sat 04-Jun-16 13:29:49

Sorry sorry! Budget would have been helpful!! About £150 for the whole outfit (I have loads of shoes so won't need any new shoes which helps).

therootoftheroot Sat 04-Jun-16 13:29:59

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Ariella+Fit+and+flare+dress+with+tie+waist/234930467,default,pd.html

ProseccoPoppy Sat 04-Jun-16 13:31:02

Ooh just clicked that link! Yes! That dress is lovely - thank you! Going to have a good nose round that site now I think!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now