Short hair for the taller, larger and time poor?

(7 Posts)
Bogburglar99 Sat 04-Jun-16 08:33:25

Hello

I'm spending rather a lot of time on here hoping for some wisdom to sort out my hair. Bloody stuff is VERY thick, wavy, mousy mouse. Resists both straightening and curls. Currently at collar length after an ill advised attempt at a bob.

Realistically I need a five minute style in the mornings except on special occasions. Have been considering a complete chop. Looked good with one when I was 21, 9 stone at 5'9 and while never a looker, at least luminous skinned and youthful. Am now a couple of decades older, three stone heavier, and minus the glow. Just the height is the same!

Is there any short haircut that will be both low maintenance and vaguely flattering? It's difficult to judge when all the magazine photos are of models meeting the 21/skinny/not knackered definition! Happy to put some colour in (possibly red? Don't desperately like blond lights when I've tried them).

BestIsWest Sat 04-Jun-16 08:49:49

I'm 5'9 and an 18 and had a chop a few years ago. I've gone even shorter now ( Jamie Lee Curtis but with colour) and I love it.

The only thing I find is that I've had to rethink some of my wardrobe. I can't wear anything low cut as there's just too much flesh on show. My neck's very long. I love boat necks.

And it's very low mantenance.

Bogburglar99 Sat 04-Jun-16 09:08:49

Thanks Best. Is a lot of make up required? (Similar low maintenance needs there!)

Bogburglar99 Sat 04-Jun-16 09:09:20

To set off the haircut I mean! Not asking for comment on whether you need makeup which I'm sure you don't smile

BestIsWest Sat 04-Jun-16 09:13:45

I do need make up to counteract the wrinkles but I am 53. But only the basics.

BestIsWest Sat 04-Jun-16 09:15:42

It takes me 20 minutes to shower, dress, do hair and make up. That usually involves dithering about what to wear and looking for tights without a hole in as well.

Bogburglar99 Sat 04-Jun-16 09:46:25

That sounds like my 'beauty' routine in a nutshell! Will have a look at Jamie LC styles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now