Gradual tanning body lotions

(19 Posts)
Gwenhwyfar Thu 02-Jun-16 20:15:54

I tried one in the past and it did nothing for ages and then my legs started looking like they had patches of dirt on them. Are the new ones any better? Which would you recommend?

TobleroneBoo Thu 02-Jun-16 20:22:18

Watching with interest, just trying the palmers cocoa butter natural bronze but I'm having the same problem

BusyNothings Thu 02-Jun-16 20:31:50

I had the fake bake gradual one. Used for weeks and nooooo difference, I thought i was going insane! But my aunt uses one in her moisturiser it's a wash off one but looks great when on... Useful as that is without a brand...

Nanasueathome Thu 02-Jun-16 20:33:00

Decleor do an amazing one

LadyAntonella Thu 02-Jun-16 20:56:30

I don't think it's very popular on here, but my favourite is the Garnier Summer Body in the lighter shade. I find it really good. I have only tried that one, Johnsons and Dove. Johnsons ended up a bit streaky / patchy as did Dove, which was also far too dark and brought me out in a very fetching spotty rash on my neck, so wouldn't recommend either of those.

Equiem89 Thu 02-Jun-16 20:58:43

I like the St Tropez one

BeJayKayven Thu 02-Jun-16 21:38:09

Superdrug stock one called Bondi Sands everyday tanning milk. I've used it for nearly 2 years. In the summer it makes my rubbish tan look better and in the winter just takes the edge off the paleness.

miniswin Thu 02-Jun-16 21:41:09

I personally love dove, I actually used it for my wedding tan, and it worked perfectly. Does need scrubbing and 'starting again' every week or so but it's a great colour and very natural. Both the light and the dark are good, depending what you're looking for.

CopperPot Thu 02-Jun-16 21:41:50

Dove. Everytime.

MrsGBlythe Thu 02-Jun-16 21:43:19

I've just bought the Bondi Sands Everyday body milk having read good reviews - going to try it tomorrow evening (got a stinking cold right now so all I want to do it crawl into bed rather than wait for it to dry!).

lexloofah Thu 02-Jun-16 22:00:15

Using the garnier one for the first time and pleased with the results, I really didn't like the smell of the palmers one

JennyBunn Thu 02-Jun-16 22:04:46

I've recently discovered the Palmers Cocoa Butter one and it's brilliant at giving a natural no-streak colour after 2 applications but I've applied it using a tanning mitt. I also hate the bloody smell of it so use it in the evening otherwise the smell would drive me mad all day long.

LadyAntonella Thu 02-Jun-16 22:29:00

It's funny that people^^ have recommended Dove - loads of people recommended it to me - that's why I bought it, but it was the absolute worst I've tried! Just goes to show that what works beautifully for one person just doesn't work for another. Maybe somewhere does testers?

StylishDuck Thu 02-Jun-16 22:36:30

I used to use the Palmers one and it was the best moisturiser one I found (the Dove one smelled disgusting!)

Now I use the St Tropez in shower one. Apply, wait 3 mins, wash off. I love it. Takes a couple of applications to start to see colour but it's never streaky despite my slap dash approach to application grin

Gwenhwyfar Fri 03-Jun-16 08:02:01

The St Tropez is shower one is an actual self tan though isn't it and not a gradual tanner. I've seen that St Tropez now have a gradual tanner out.

Fuzzypeggy Fri 03-Jun-16 08:03:48

The st tropez one is a gradual tanner, you def news to use it for a few days to see the tan come through but I love it

LauraLovesLattes Fri 03-Jun-16 08:10:46

I second the St Tropez gradual tan. I use the mousse which I prefer because it dries pretty quick whereas I found the creams to be quite sticky.

chanice Fri 03-Jun-16 08:16:30

Dove one was great but would give me a rash on my arm.
I'm currently using one from Avon.

Polkadot1974 Fri 03-Jun-16 20:43:29

I'm on the 7 in 1 Avon and am very streaky
In rap at fake tan. Did have some success with st tropes in the past but it is so ££
Anyone seen any offers?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now